QU32 Scene issue.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU32 Scene issue.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Ran into something today I had not seen. Church I sold QU32 said they were having issues with scene storing.

Upon investigating it appears that Scene 1 will not store Mix settings. It will store LR. I tried everything I could figure out. I backed up their main scene to other locations and it would work fine. Just not scene 1. I did a USB backup and did a hard reset. Reloaded but same problem. There were no filters blocked anywhere. I don’t recall reading anything on here about that. Has anyone else seen this?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Recall filter set on Scene1? Really sure???

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

All filters are clear.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I’d be interested to see this for myself, is the show file available?

Maybe try setting and clearing all parameters of both scene and global filters. not sure why it doesn’t show, but maybe it’s somehow corrupted.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just got home and tried it on my QU16. It works ok.
    I tried everything on the 32. It was only on the one scene on 1. Same scene copied and pasted in another location worked fine.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

tried saving the show, doing a hard reset, and reloading the show?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Yes. Same issue. Stumps me unless something is wrong with #1 scene slot which seems unlikely. I went over and over everything while I was there.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I didn’t have a drive with 1.6 to reload it. Can’t imagine it would make a difference.
    They have had this console since Oct. I upgraded it to 1.6 when it came out after that I think.

I don’t remember it doing this at first. They just reported it to me the other day. Almost like something that just started.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Just after I got my QU16 18 months ago, I had a problem with one particular scene. I could not get FX to work at all. I tried everything, reset, shift scene to another slot but I still could not get FX on that one scene regardless of position. I had another QU16 user help me by phone who had more experience than me and had owned his longer but he was stumped too.
    I copied all the settings I had for that scene and set up a new scene. FX worked fine and have done so ever since for every setup I have used. I actually saved the scene and called it ‘bad scene’ just in case a firmware update down the road would correct it or I ever found the solution. I have gone back to it a couple of times to mess with it as I got more experience with the mixer but it still does not pass FX.
    I think sometimes these things just happen….

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You really need to load that scene onto another QU32.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I don’t have access to another 32. I am going to load 1.7 firmware in and see what that does.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Followup. I went to the church today. I loaded 1.7 in the 32. No joy. Same problem. Scene 1 would only remember LR and Groups. No Mix busses or FX busses.
    I copied that scene to another location and it worked ok. Just not in 1.

I thought I cleared out 1 with the CLEAR button Wed night. Maybe I didn’t. I just did a clear on that scene. Did a test scene and it worked fine. I then copied a backup of their regular setup from another location and saved it in 1. It then worked fine. Everything normal.

So not sure what was preventing this. Nothing in any menu was selected as to filters etc. But the clear obviously fixed it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.