QU32 no power

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU32 no power

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of IanK IanK 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of halothane666
    halothane666
    Participant

Hello all,

I picked up a used QU32 about a year ago, and tonight during band rehearsal, the console made a squealing noise and then sounded like what was a sample rate mismatch and suddenly shut off. The console won’t power back on and the power LED in the back does not illuminate. The console is connected to a power conditioner; I tried plugging it straight into the wall as well as replacing the fuse but still nothing. I’m hoping it’s just something stupid but I’m also worried that this could amount to a major repair. Does anyone have any advice?

halothane666
    Participant

Just an update, I was able to get the console to power on today but I’m not getting any input signal on the meters or output. I’ve tried about 10 different known good mics and a whole bunch of known good cables. The power LED in the back is not illuminating so I suspect the power supply is dead or dying. As the console is well out of warranty and I’m mechanically and electronically inclined, I have no issue opening it up and replacing the part myself but I can’t find it anywhere.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Bummer, that’s a s****y situation… Have you also tried it through A&H or one of their dealers/servicecentres ?

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If complete power supply modules are not available any time soon and you are comfortable
    with electronic repair re capping the power supply may take of the problem. Replacing the
    electrolytics may take care of it.

halothane666
    Participant

@giga the distributor hasn’t been open due to the holiday weekend in the US but I will give them a ring when they open later today!

@mike C do you happen to know what the values of the caps are? If I have to go this route I’d like to try and make it a one-and-done thing so I don’t have to disassemble and reassemble more than once.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Sorry I don’t know the cap values and a quick search did not find a schematic.

Profile photo of IanK
    IanK
    Participant

I have a similar problem, were you able to work it out?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.