QU32->D-SNAKE?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU32->D-SNAKE?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stanley
    Stanley
    Participant

i would like to know technicaly the difference between connecting the PA directly to QU 32 MAIN OUT R/L and connecting the PA to the d-snake ar2412 outpouts.
    Because of the gld preamps on the Dsnake will I have a different sound? please advise

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

sure, input stages differ between Qu and AR, not sure if there is any significant audible difference for live applications (except the AR does not have line inputs). Not sure if there is a difference in output stages, though.
    I’d expect few samples more latency for signals running through dSnake, still prefer the connection with the shorter analog cable.

Profile photo of Stanley
    Stanley
    Participant

Basicly the pre amps have to do with the mic inputs not on the outpouts.i dont think there is any pre-amps on the outpouts…..

The distance will be longer taking the signal from the mixer to the speakers….

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No doubt the output electronics will be slightly different – but if you can pick up that difference then your ears are better than mine!

Assuming the signal has to get to the same place then I’d expect no difference – it will stay digital for a few tens of metres longer, but have a few tens of metres less far to travel in the analogue domain.

Profile photo of Stanley
    Stanley
    Participant

Thank you guys……
    coming out either from the mixer either from the D-snake for wich distance we can say we have a high quality of DIGITAL signal?

Profile photo of Stanley
    Stanley
    Participant

Also for a distance of 50m is it proper to use stranded cable?
    Thank you

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Stranded cable might as well work on longer runs, and transmission stays digital between the Qu/Gld and the dSnake boxes in any case. Sound is same for a 1m jumper cable or 10km run via optical fibre.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.