QU32: Can't patch local inputs other than 1:1. Did I buy wrong?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU32: Can't patch local inputs other than 1:1. Did I buy wrong?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LesWilson LesWilson 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LesWilson
    LesWilson
    Participant

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought I could patch local inputs to channels other than 1:1. For example, I want channel 2 to use local input 17.

I go to PROCESSING and select channel 2. Then hit Fn. By default, it highlights input 2. I unhighlight it and select 17 then Fn to exit. But it does not stick.

What am I doing wrong or does the QU not support this?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Physical inputs on the board are hardwired to the channels. If you buy a stage box you can assign it’s inputs to other channels.

LesWilson
    Participant

Ugh. But I can patch the AR2412 inputs as I please correct? No need for them to be consecutive?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@leswilson

The ‘Source’ screen, opened with the ‘Fn’ key from the Processing Preamp screen is global.
    It will automatically select the channel you are currently viewing, but you can then select multiple/all/no channels and switch channel source between Local/dSnake/USB, you can also switch the global USB input between Qu-Drive and USB-B.

As @garyh says, Local input sockets (and USB input sockets) are hardwired 1-to-1 with input channels, but yes, when using dSnake, you can patch any available socket to any input channel (and double patch if required) in a two step process:
    First patch the dSnake input sockets to channels in the ‘Setup > I/O Patch > dSnake In’ – this is selecting which dSnake socket that input channel will use when sourced from dSnake.
    Then switch all the input channels which you want to be sourced from dSnake in the Source screen.

Thanks,
    Keith.

LesWilson
    Participant

Thanks all. It took a couple hours but I was able to come up with a scheme that works. I need to support different patching for different users. So 12 channels are local 1:1 but the rest can be configured local or dSnake.

@KeithJ: What is a “Double Patch”?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Double patching is where you can take a input socket (in the case of the QU) from the stage box and patch it to two channels on the mixer.
    Reasons to do that….to independent channel EQ’s, processing to use when the input source changes, two independent channel EQ’s, processing to send to different mix zones, ect.

Think of it as taking a Y cable and splitting and input and plugging it into two different channel inputs on a mixer.

Using a stage box you can patch a stage box input socket and patch it to all 32 channels
    or just a single channel

LesWilson
    Participant

Oh that is great @mikec. I can use that capability right a way. Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.