QU32 + AR2412 + AR84 Wanting Extra Floor Monitors

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU32 + AR2412 + AR84 Wanting Extra Floor Monitors

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of oceanroad oceanroad 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oceanroad
    oceanroad
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience in setting up an extra floor monitor with the combination of the AR2412 and having the AR84 expander linked in as well ????

We have used up all 4 x mono mix channels and the 3 x Stereo Mixes on the QU32, which cover all inputs on the AR2412

We have the AR84 expander linked in as well (which, as you know has an extra 4 x OUTs)

I need to know how to utilise 1 x of those OUTs on the AR84 so I can utilise them for another floor monitor. I have hunted high and low for a procedure for this. Everything I’ve read is fairy scant in the actual option to do this, even ye’ olde YouTube vids on QU mix channels.

Anyone have a clue if this can be done ? I’ve read something regarding setting up 1 of the GROUP stereo mix options, but again not a lot on the subject in detail.

Any further info other than the QU32 manual would most appreciated !!!

Thanks
    GG

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In the IO patch set up menu under the D snake tab you would select the mix you want on the output channel/jack of the AR84.

oceanroad
    Participant

Ok, thanks Mike, I’ll try that then. I did go through it but couldn’t see how this would work. But I may have missed something! ☝️

Thanks mate
    GG

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The stage box outputs can be patched to any mix outs in any combination, if you wanted
    to say mix 1 could be patched to every output.

For that matter the stage box inputs can be patched to any input channel or channels
    on the mixer.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi GG,

Along with the patching info that’s already been given, you will need to switch a group into mix mode to use it as a mix (with independent levels and pre/post options).
    Coincidentally I covered this in yesterday’s live session here – https://youtu.be/IFFhmf3Yfo4?t=150

Cheers,
    Keith.

oceanroad
    Participant

Hi guys
    Thanks for the replies. I actually had a rehearsal today and had a bit of a fiddle with it, but had some issues trying to get it to work. I see the expander lists the extra 8 channels in the routing area but not the extra 4 x outs. I did what you mentioned Keith and set up GRP 1 as a mix. I got that far but couldn’t work out the rest. I’ll have a look at the video tomorrow Keith. But it would be good to have a step by step on this one written down somewhere. I’ll keep you posted
    Thanks
    GG

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In the IO set menu there is a tab for D Snake input and a tab for D Snake output
    patching.

oceanroad
    Participant

Hi,
    This now resolved and we have an extra floor monitor setup through Grp1-2 as a mix. Yah !!!

My other question now is can you send an FX1 to a GRP1-2 channel. This one also seems to have us stumped
    as both FX1 & 2 (Send) & (Returns) are raised to unity, but without any FX coming through. A bit odd.
    Or is this a specific FX insert that we need to apply to it.

Thanks
    GG

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

But have you also assigned the FX-return(s) to that monitormix ?

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If your wanting the FX1 to go to the Group 1-2 that you now have set up
    to operate in mix mode select the GP1-2 button, that puts all the faders
    in the send level mode, go to the FX1 return channel and raise that fader.

oceanroad
    Participant

All sorted, thank you guys (Mike C & Giga) my mistake was bringing up the FX Returns on FX itself ! DOH !
    nearly created the loop feedback #%*^+ 😲😵😬

Thank you
    GG

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.