Qu24 USB B Noise

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu24 USB B Noise

This topic contains 62 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

Still there are (or used to be) severe legal consequences for claiming to be USB and using the usb symbol if the company is not fully conformant with the standard.

Companies can change a de facto usage , and many try to push their own approach to make it a de facto standare, but a true de jure standard is written in stone, and while possible that are not enforced, USB used to be pretty strict so that it would truly be a STANDARD.

Almost sounds like we need to come up with a better audio standard and not use usb because we could.
    Else if the marketplace says they want to use USB then those folks need to stop whining about noise and compatibility issues.

I remember the days when printers said they were epson ‘compatible’ but users were screaming that it didnt do x or it didnt do y even though most of the other functions were the same as epson.

I had a true epson so I enjoyed laughing at those folks who saved money by buying a ‘compatible’.
    Not much we can do about the ‘usb compatible’ stuff now. The PC and general computer folks really do not care about audio at all. Microslop has all but made it impossible to do audio well on their latest systems preferring to focus on social media which is a far bigger market.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Microslop has all but made it impossible to do audio well on their latest systems preferring to focus on social media which is a far bigger market.

this is simply not true…

the USB problem is still related to Intel, as stated many times before
    there could be a reason for Apple to develop own ARM chips

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

really??

There is SO much more wrong with microslops PCs than the usb which I did not even include in that post you replied to.

As I said, the PC folks do not care about audio nearly as much as making social media toys that will harvest all your personal information.

You can buy specially built PCs without the crapware, and all the options adjusted so that microstuff doesn’t fork you over by ‘helping’ you when you didn’t want their ‘help’.

Security software can decide to take too many cycles when you are trying to track data causing problems. The crapware can decide to phone home and do the same thing. The power options may decide to turn off your usb permanently (actually happened to me) until you can track down that secret place they hid the option to tell it not to ever do that again.

There is SO much wrong with microstuff PCs for audio other than possible usb problems. And I would think that if you used usb3-usb3 instead of usb2-usb3 that the usbs might actually work without a problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.