Qu24 Screen Saver/Sleep mode?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu24 Screen Saver/Sleep mode?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kram82
    Kram82
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

We recently replaced our Mackie analog mixer at our church with a Qu24. I would like to keep the unit turned on for remote control access but not have the screen and lights on constantly. It is only operated in person once a week, however I remote control it for webcasts at other times. Is there a screensaver or sleep mode the Qu24?

Thanks
    M

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

No.
    And thank goodness there is no sleep mode that could fork us over like windoze does.

We only turn ours on when needed, and keep it covered to protect from dust when not in use.
    You might want to reconsider leaving it on all the time and protecting it with a cover when it is off.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can manually dim the screen using the encoder dial and holding the function button.

What type of remote control access are you planning to do?

volounteer
    Participant

But you can not turn the screen off?

How dim can it be and does that really matter to screen life or anything?
    I thought that was for convenience of operator when working in various lighting conditions.

Profile photo of Kram82
    Kram82
    Participant

We have a volunteer that shows up for Sunday morning services, however we also do special services just for youtube/facebook and I control the audio for those as it’s just myself and the minister. At those times, the sound booth is locked and the Qu24 is turned off so I have no access to it. Recently I’ve installed my own microphone and use my own mixer for the webcasts. Since then I have the qu24 feed going to my mixer so I can bring that in when available.

Usually Sunday mornings I take the feed from the Qu24, but there are times where I need to override settings for the web feed. Would an ME-1/ME-500 be easy enough to use? Can it control all aspects of the qu24 or just some? I would like to use a midi controller of some kind to control it remotely, however if the board is turned off all the time other than for Sunday mornings, it probably really doesn’t matter.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

First of all if you want to dim the screen and the surface LED’s it is the “setup” button
    that you hold while turning the encoder knob.
    I had my QU out this evening for a real sound job and notice my mistake!!

The ME series personal monitor mixers do not control anything on the mixer. They are basically a small stand alone digital mixer that takes inputs from the main mixer.
    You could use an ME to create a mix to feed to live stream.
    They let you create a 16 channel mix.

I take it the video equipment is not located in the same area as the main mixer.

For these special services how many channels of audio are you using or do you
    need?

Is is possible to arrange for you to have access to the sound booth for these special
    services?

Profile photo of Kram82
    Kram82
    Participant

Exactly. The soundbooth is too small to have more than one person in there. The cameras and equipment on another floor, 50 feet away. For the majority of the volunteers using it, they only need to adjust the volume faders. The gain and other EQs are set and shouldn’t need to be changed, so really the screen probably doesn’t need to be on at all for the majority of use. If any settings need to be changed myself or another tech adjust from an ipad.

For the special services they are much smaller and just the minister. As the settings feeds on the board were changing every week, resulting in me not having a feed for the webcast, I decided to get a few microphones myself and have an analog mixer for the webcast and run the mix from the Qu24 to the analog mixer along with a couple of microphones so I pretty much have that solution figured out. Id rather not have to buy extra equipment to compensate, but it seems to be the best and reliable solution at this time.

I recently found out about the “Mixing Station Qu Pro” app on android that can be controlled by a physical midi device so going to give that a try soon. Hopefully that will be sufficient enough for me to be able to more easily control it when the Qu24 is turned on.

M

volounteer
    Participant

@kram82

Cant you save the feed settings in scenes to recall the appropriate one in the future?
    Save the feed to the video in a mix and there would be no reason for anyone to change it except you with the QuYou ap.

Help me out here, please, why would you need any microphones for your use?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.