QU24 Midi pedal FX toggle on & off

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 Midi pedal FX toggle on & off

This topic contains 45 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SoundsOK SoundsOK 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I looked at the A/B solution when I first bought my desk, it wasn’t for me. So since then I have percivered with switching FX on/off via my iPad. Not ideal, but works for the minute until the pedal is ready.

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey everyone…

Regarding markPAman’s A+B footswitch solution…

I just took delivery of the Palmer A+B Output Footswitch..(from Gear4music)

It is superbly constructed..Rugged beyond belief..Outstanding quality and can absolutely recommend as the ideal unit for the A+B solution…

Ultimatly the MIDI solution will be the way to go so all who would like to be on-board with Lee’s Midi-Pedal please let him know…He needs around 5/6 folks who are interested…Lee and I make 2..

We’re getting closer folks…Yeay!!

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hi Hirblinger69….

Swift reply to say progress is being made…

The A+B footswitch solution is working fine until a Midi pedal solution materialises…

We’re getting closer-Yeay!!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hi

Depends on price and functionality, but I’m probably another customer for the wireless footswitch. Remote control of a mute group (or two) would probably be my main use.

Mark

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

A footswitch box with a Raspi 3 might be an option.
    Fairly cheap – bit heavy on the power though

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi,

Our tech isn’t using a Rasp Pi or at least that is what he told me when he first demo’d a small pcb he had put together.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

If it was me I’d look at an arduino based solution – although I don’t have a lot of coding experience on that platform.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Our tech is also a licensed Apple developer, he certainly knows his stuff.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I certainly wouldn’t use an iPhone in the foot switch 😉

Although…. Don’t iPhones recognise a switch plugged into the headphone jack?
    Maybe that, along with QuControl, would be an option…

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey Lee..

Been following things down here re FX pedal..

As always …Please count me “IN” as a firm….

Please let me know as soon as you have some sort of costing so’s I can budget accordingly…

I’mm gonna hold off on I-pad manouvres untill I sort me FX switch situation so That’ll mean I’ll just have to get sorted with an Appple Express router to recieve the pedal signal…Let me know though if there’ll be a cable hook up option on the pedal…

If there is a cable hook up then all I’ll need is an idea of the budget for the pedal itself..

All me finest man and looking forwards to news as it developes…

Peace man

Sharpie

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Sharpie,

At the beguining I was going for the wired option, but then changed my mind over time as being wired is to constrictive.

Still waiting to hear back for my tech regarding how he is getting on, slow process, but will keep you updated as and when I have some news.

Lee 🙂

Profile photo of Rica
    Rica
    Participant

Hi…i am a new user here. In my case since the firmware was updated to except two connections I have since brought back to life the idea of an FX footswitch, but since my initial quest I have asked him to make it wireless, so this project is still very much ongoing. Our techie says he is likely to make about 6 pedals in total as that will make the costs lower if he can sell the other 5.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Rica,

As I a posted in an earlier post this is still an ongoing project. I will be seeing our techie hopefully very soon as he has an AC30 of mine that has an intermittent fault that he is trying to sort out for me. I will see how far away we are from a working unit.

I must be honest, after using the QU-16 since January 2014 I have got used to switching FX on/off by using the iPad, although an FX pedal would make life easier, it isn’t the end of the world. One reason I haven’t pushed our techie to get a working unit.

Will be back with an update soon.
    🙂

Profile photo of SoundsOK
    SoundsOK
    Participant

I’ve been following this thread and I am very interested in the mute switching solution, either wired or wireless.

I have a very small sound company and I run a couple of rigs that incorporate QU Series (one of them a QU32, the other a QU Pac, which I also use with my band.) Both rigs have Airport Express routers, as I need to run iPad with both systems and I can’t give up the ethernet port. For that matter, I really only need the footswitch for the QUPac (even though I can easily mute FX on the front panel, it’s not so easy to keep within reach while I’m fronting the band!)

I’m unclear on the wireless plan, if it will allow the wireless mute switching at the same time (or on the same wireless connection) as my Airport Expresses.

Hard to believe that I’m envious of the little QU-SB with that simple little footswitch jack!

Please keep me posted regarding availability and pricing of the footswitch!’
    Thanks!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

You wouldn’t need to give up the Ethernet port, just use a switch in there…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.