QU24 Midi pedal FX toggle on & off

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 Midi pedal FX toggle on & off

This topic contains 45 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SoundsOK SoundsOK 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

This is the one I wanted to link to, but from a UK supplier. Can’t find the page again now.
    Doesn’t matter really, Thomann are very good.

Found it – Adam Hall have them!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Link:
    Adam Hall Who include a description of useing it for this very purpose!

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey MarkPAman

Perfect…Adam Hall great company and this box will be as reliable as they come…

For the A+B solution this will be the way to go in terms of ruggedness and budget!!!

Sharpie

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hi Lee

Suer thanks for the constructive replies…

Hey I’m a wireless dunce at the mo….

What router would you recomend and how would you connect up an ipad and a wireless midi footswitch. Could you give a brief how to…with any tips..

Many thanks
    Sharpie

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey folks

Regarding the midi solution for toggling FX on off…

Here’s a link for the ‘Midi Solutions” footswitch controler..

https://midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this device and will it do the job using say a Boss FSU footswitch

Many thanks for comments in advance..

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Sharpie,

The foot switch that my techie is building works in the same way as an iPad using A&H ITP protocol, the foot switch would send commands wirelessly via your router into the desk and switch off the FX or whatever you programme it to do. This is the same method as your iPad.

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hi Lee…

Wondering if the footswitch would have the option to connect via the network port as well as wirelessly through the router…It’d be great to connect via the network port until I’ve been able to buy an ipad and router…

Alternatively I’m thinking I could work with the Midi Solutions footswitch controler until I’ve been able to buy a router and ipad and then upgrade..

I’m awaiting a reply from Midi Solutions who should be able to tell me if their controler will work with the QU24…

Super thanks as ever..

Sharpie

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

You don’t have to buy an iPad, just buy a router. Very inexpensive.

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey thanks Lee…

Been checking out routers and the Apple Airport express looks like the one to go with…

I see that’s what they’re using over at the A&H Audio Technica service folks..

Thinking I might as well start prepping to for ipad manouvres by starting with a router..

Not too heavy on the budget…

Super thanks…

sharpie

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I too use an Apple Airport Express, so far so good.

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey Lee..

That’s cool..Hey whilst we’re at it…which ipad would you recomend…I’ll be using it more or less exclusively for QU24 things…I have a macbook pro for everything else..
    I’m looking at ipads on Jigsaw computers and would like to know specs to be in the right budget window…As long as it’ll work with the QU24 I wont need a super hi spec ipad…although with a bit of spec headroom so all functions without any glitches…

I guess the folow up question is what sort of budget are you thinking for pedal and what sort of timeframe are you thinking…

Sharpie

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hi Lee

Swift thought re pedal…

I’m willing to bet that at somepoint I’ll be in a venue without wifi…

Thinking it would be definately important to have a cable connection option on the pedal for just such a situation..

Sharpie

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have an iPad Air first generation, but older iPads will work.

You don’t need WIFI in a venue for your iPad or foot switch to work with your QU-24 as you are connected via your router which is connected to the QU-24. All simple stuff really.

Cannot give a timescale I’m afraid.

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Hey Lee…

Doh!! Off course…Just goes to show I’m a total wireless novice…Lol

Makes total sense and thankyou for that..

I’ll be hangin in for pedal details….

Very warmest

Sharpie

Profile photo of Sharpie
    Sharpie
    Participant

Well here’s the latest folks….

Whilst waiting to expedite a midi solution I’ve gone for markPAman’s A+B solution…

An A+B box output switching box can be found at Gear4music..

Lee’s midi solution is in the works and as soon as details are available I believe this will be the best solution…

I guess it comes down to if there are 5/6 folks who’d like to be on board a pedal can be made on a small custom basis that will be the solution we all need…I encourage all who’d like to expedite matters in this regard to make their voices heard and let Lee know so matters can proceed..

We’re getting there folks!!

Sharpie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.