QU24 froze…locked up

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 froze…locked up

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BJ
    BJ
    Participant

I’ve been using and selling the QU series mixers since they first came out. Always found them to be rock solid…until yesterday.
    Had a 7 pc band, all on iem. When advancing I suggested they d/l the quyou app. So we had all 7 mixes used for iem and I set up a group as a mix for a guest wedge. During s/c the QU24 froze. Never happened before. Still passed audio but was unresponsive. Had to do a hard reboot. Happened a second time. I’m starting to get a little concerned. One reboot could be a fluke, but 2 to me indicates an issue. Opening band used wedges, no app, no lock ups. So I suggest to headliner to settles with whatever mixes they had at s/c, log out of the network and hope for the best. Their set went without issue.
    So, seems like the QU has limitations on processing several items at once. Not sure if this is an issue that has a fix. If nothing else, use this post as a reference or reminder to limit processes if you find your QU locking up.
    Is A&H aware of this? Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes, I have latest firmware.
    Cheers.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

IIRC the limit is 8 devices connected, with no more than two of these running Qu-Pad.

Did you have anything else connected besides the 7 phones?

Profile photo of BJ
    BJ
    Participant

7 instances of quyou and 1 of qupad. Total of 8.
    There’s some discussion on PSW that of those 8, 2 instances of qupad are included, leaving only 6 instances of quyou available.
    It would be nice to hear from someone at A&H to confirm or debunk this.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

In the App Store, it says:

“Up to 7 devices running Qu-You plus an iPad running Qu-Pad can be used at the same time.”

So you should have been OK….

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

Does the ap store verify claims and test every detail and claim thoroughly or just take the vendor’s word and distribute aps?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

It still may be possible that the mixer received some kind of corrupt packet caused by wireless interference. With error correction, not probable, but still possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.