QU24 Direct outs with AR stagebox

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 Direct outs with AR stagebox

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Hi, I want to know how I can use the AR2412 and AR84 outputs to direct out from the channels I choose, as I do in GLD. Hope it is possible, but I cant figure out how.

Thank you!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nope – at least I don’t think so…

David J.
    Participant

I was afraid about it. Just I wanted use a direct outs to ruting Q16 monitors from Qu24 FOH through AR’s, like I use in my configuration GLD112 FOH + Q24 monitors. That means we should use an analog splitter box… No way! I’ll use 2 behringer X32, it’s easier, no cables.

Please A&H, solve this problem soon, we need to connect GLD and QU to stage box only with 2 cat5 through AR’s! Workers and me love A&H, but they prefer easy connections, I understand them.

At time, every day without solve it, it’s a back step.

Cheers!

T112-IDR32-GLD112-GLD80-QU24-QU16-QUPac-AR2412-AR84-AB168-GL3300

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

QU is clock master only – so it can’t be done via a digital connection (unless you want to use a PC to resample it inbetween)

You could run virtual direct outs for at least 10 inputs using the mix outputs on the 24 – depending on your FX usage you can make 14 without even touching groups…

David J.
    Participant

Yes Bob, you are right, QU and GLD only works as a master clock. I think that would be possible to re-program software to work as a master or slave, like some card sounds or a different devices. That is the only defect A&H desks have!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not sure if the same design decision (not defect) was made on the GLD or dLive…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Its neither a defect nor changeable by software. Running as a clock master does require some sort of (additional) circuit to synchronize internal clocks to some external reference (i.e. wordclock). Software could only do time-consuming resampling, which we do not want at all.

David J.
    Participant

Maybe you are right Andreas, but not totaly sure about circuit, chip… but maybe. WC could travel from network cable. There are a lot of little devices that you can decide who is master or slave from adat, spdif, aes… even network. I remember old 01v96, makie.. that you could decide, and now most brands also.

Well, then nothing to do about, it’s a pity!

Thanks for the answers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.