QU24 case

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 case

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dags Dags 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

always make sure to raise the back of the console up off the foam at least two inches so it can breath. None of the cases that you guys are talking about have provision for un-obstructing the vents. It is the only place where air can get in and out of the mixer. It will burn up if it doesn’t get some air. That would not likely be covered under warranty.

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

The way some case companies are handling this is install 2 strips of 1/4″ of wood on top of foam and build the top big enough to accommodate the extra height. That way the console does not sink down into foam and block any vents. It actually rests on the consoles feet and give about 1/4″ clearance under the console for airflow.

However like dpdan says if your case is just foam on the bottom, you need to get the back out of it a bit.

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

G-TOUR 20X25 fits.. I am going to add some foam to keep the mixer from tipping inside the case when on end.. there is little rooms around that I might fill on the sides too.

It sits deep, but with the hinged top of the case and the bottom vents it s just as easy to remove the mixer. But it does fit.

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

For the Europeans among the readers: Thomann makes cases for most mixers they’re selling. Also for the Qu24:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_mixer_case_ah_qu_24.htm

Best
    Doc4

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I don’t fly mine, justwanted a rolling case for protection in my van. This works very well:
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GMix20x25
    It is a couple inches wider, which accomodates the TB mic and lamp, etc, and the only problem is it needs handels on the ends for pulling out o the packed van. Price is right too!

With a small strip of wood to lift the rear edge when open it can be used in the bottom half of the case…

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

Here’s another one, not exactly inexpensive:
    https://www.huss-licht-ton.de/product_info.php/Case-fuer-Allen-Heath-QU-16/info/14092.html

It takes them quite a while to make one of those, they’re manufactured on demand as it seems. We ordered this one because it is smaller then than one from Thomann. The latter has some more space in the back, probably aiming at protecting the desk/cables when installed FOH in a crowd. We’re one of these poor BEEPers with the desk on stage, so we went for more space in the car. 🙂

Profile photo of Billy
    Billy
    Participant

+1 for the Gator G-TOUR 20X25 road case. Lightweight, nice rollerblade type wheels, and a good fit. I put some an extra layer of foam on top of the mixer and it is nice and snug. I think I paid $209 from Sweetwater.

Profile photo of Dianne
    Dianne
    Participant

I recently purchased the Gator Case #G-MIX 20×25 Mixer Case for my Qu-24. I haul it every Sunday in my SUV for portable church services. I leave the mixer in the base after flipping the wedge pad. The wedge lifts the back so all the vents and plugs are easily accessible. The added velcro corners work nicely to keep the Qu-24 secure in the box with very little wiggle room. I would only add an additional handle to the short end if I could improve it. I would definitely recommend it.

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Hi Dianne

Is this the same case that you bought for your Qu24?

https://www.videoguys.com.au/Shop/p/24857/gator-g-mix-20×25-mixer-case-with-wheels–20-x-25-gcp-mix20x25.html?gclid=CNPCp6rfjMgCFVUsvQodUtkLJQ

I am in desperate need of a portable case for my unit. I paid for a case when I bought the unit but the damn thing is a rugged road case which weighs 18kg so I can’t carry it.
    The lightweight (under 9kg) case in the link, if it is the same as yours and holds the Qu24 easily, would be ideal!

Thanks for any help
    Dags

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I’m not Dianne but that is the case I use with my Qu-24. It is almost perfect! Needs just a bit of wedging to get it centered inside, but works great! The wheels and handle help a lot too!

<L>

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Here’;s a better price and a better shop, if you are in USA:
    <http:/www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GMix20x25>

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Thanks Lou!

…I’m in Aus, so not much choice down here as to what to buy & where to buy it from.

…..and it’s all really expensive ;p

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

The price of paradise, eh? My stepson was married to an Aussie* for 12 years, we undertstand about getting things there!

* Hope that is the right word – it was her word for herself!

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Yep – You got it right 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.