QU24 case

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 case

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dags Dags 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

Has anybody tried the Gator G-TOUR 20X25 road case for the QU24 yet? The dimensions suggest it may fit.

The only good option might be a custom made case from one of the case companies.

Ron

https://www.gatorcases.com/p/210195-1124/g-tour-20×25

Profile photo of DMAudio
    DMAudio
    Participant

Thats a good looking case. I just bought the Swan flightcase as in the following link, and it’s a perfect fit. My only complaint is the butterfly clasps are on the base, as opposed to the lid as in the Gator case.

https://www.swanflight.com/mixer-flightcases/a-h-mixer-flightcases/qu-series/allen-heath-qu-16-flightcase.html

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

I’m in the states and probably not feasible to pay the shipping here on that case.

I may try the Gator case.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I bought the Swan case too but added more foam on the inside against the back. It’s solid!
    I have had a few Gator cases, always pretty tough:)

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I would also be interested to know if it fits in the G-TOUR 20X25…

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Just browsing the manual and discovered two sets of vents on the bottom of the mixer, obstructed by the Swan flightcase I have. Got to lift it out to let it get the proper airflow by the look of it. The manual comes in handy now & again;)

Profile photo of MixWiz
    MixWiz
    Participant

I found one that seems to fit my QU24 here:

https://www.ospcases.com/index.php/allen-heath-qu24-ata-mixer-case.html

Nice case for the money.

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

I’m curious if it sits deep into foam like most cases are built. This board has vents on the bottom of the back panel. Weird place for vents.

Could take it out of case during use.

Profile photo of MixWiz
    MixWiz
    Participant

“I’m curious if it sits deep into foam like most cases are built.”

The OSP case doesn’t. It sits in the lid in a very shallow depth of foam.

Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

I’m going to be building my own case for my qu24, which will include ample airflow for the vents. I’ll post pics when I’m done, in case anyone else is interested in one.

clarocque
    Participant

What are people in the US using for cases?

clarocque
    Participant

Can anyone confirm a working ATA case that is available in the US?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I am meeting Jay Barry owner of Barry Cases today, he is going to take all the measurements of my new Qu24 and build a case for it.
    He will make sure that the mixer can stay in the bottom “tray” of the case and still get plenty of air into the vents on the bottom and back.

A soon as I get the case I will post pics and a price.

He has been building cases in St. Louis Missouri for many years. They are as nice or nicer than Anvil Cases and far more reasonable.

Dan

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

I called Road Cases USA and gave them dimensions and the QU 24 is almost the same size as the X32 compact. The case is 1″ too tall and I’m getting another layer of foam to put in the lid. Other than that it is a perfect fit. They still need to include something to keep the front of the mixer from moving when in transit. I needed a case fast and didn’t have time for a custom made case.

https://www.roadcasesusa.com/behringer-x32-standard-x32-compact-allen-heath-qu24-1-4-ata-case/

I see they changed their webpage after my discussion with them on the case. Pretty nice, low budget and made in the USA.

Ron

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of pkexceed
    pkexceed
    Participant

I have got the Gator Gator GMIX-2225-8-TSA for my QU-24.
    It fits but needs extra padding to hold it in place

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.