QU24 BUGS after 18 months live gigs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU24 BUGS after 18 months live gigs

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

QU Pac 24 Ver.1.93

Bug 1 – occurs OFTEN
    QU pad Connection problem
    Fixed IP Address
    3 different routers changed , looses connection after 2 hours active working
    QU pac lan is blinking and Router link blinks so it has a connection to router , but it ip address is not available , or cannot be pinged from router settings , it dissapears from router user list.

Bug 2RARE
    After sound check , i stored scene ready for gig and everything worked fine ,
    at the begining of gig, happend some strange thing , mixer on master fader did not recieved any signal from instruments ,but when i entered groups 1 or 2 , signals were recieved from instruments , but no sound was at Main L/R

Recalling scene i saved at the sound check resolved problem…
    So i assume it is purely software bug.

More to come…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Bug 1

it seems that you have a WiFi problem not a bug in the mixer

Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

Did you read bug1
    I changed 3 wi fi routers , last one is a asus 5ghz high grade router
    Tried with dymamic dhcp or with static ip
    Same problem.

It is happening on all 3 routers, beside that my primary job is a computer network engeneer with over 15 years of xp
    So it is not a “wi fi” thing

Actually it is like a NIC from qu pac becoming overflowed with data and it turns off or bugs…

Routers and ipads are running fine
    And other mixers from other brands also have no issue…

Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

Just to add ,when bug occurs cannot connect when im in front of router , so range is not an issue

SteffenR
    Participant

Maybe it’s the apple device?

it’s still no bug in the mixer I guess

Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

When bug occurs mixer’s ip is not reachable
    So it’s not apple or ipad problem

But when you restart qu pac everything is ok

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Visko,

Have you contacted support about this yet? We can help look into why this is happening for you, so please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com if you haven’t already.

The Qu-Pad app requires a constant connection to the Qu mixer, so if there is any interruption to that connection it could cause this behaviour. Do you have any other devices on the network, or is the network doing any other tasks not related to the Qu such as internet access?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

I havent contacted support yet , it is happened last two gigs in a row , there is no internet access on the network while gig is live , it is dedicated comunication with ipad and mixer only

Interesting is that everything is fine , and after hour and a half i can see lag on qu pad app , and after that it can go offline …

p.s.
    i will start a ticket …

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Visko, have you tried with a different iPad or other tablet?

SteffenR
    Participant

maybe the network port at the mixer loose contact

When bug occurs mixer’s ip is not reachable
    So it’s not apple or ipad problem

how do you find out that the IP is not reachable?

Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

When bug happened last time , i pinged ip adress from router side to mixer and it is not reachable…

Also it is not appering on client list in router setting.
    But router is showing cable is connected , both link lights on mixer lan and on router are blinking,

So to remind
    Connection is good for abouth one and q half hour , than occasionally i see lag on vu meters and than it goes offline

Sometimes it connects back but lately i could not connect it even when i come in front of router …

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

As an emergency solution you could maybe restart the entire system shortly before the next set begins ? Remember to store your scene before shuttingn down !

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I don’t know the internals of the qu series whether they have fans inside. Is it possible yours is overheating?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No fans. Convection cooling so be alert to not blocking airflow underneath.

Profile photo of visko
    visko
    Participant

Mixer is allways on its x stand , never blocked ,so nirmal cooling , acctualy one of last gigs when bug occurs was on open stage, at night ,cooling was excelent…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.