Qu24 & AR2412 Sound distortions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu24 & AR2412 Sound distortions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Danny
    Danny
    Participant

I have 8 microphones, piano and computer through ar2412. I have no problems with microphones, but when I have distortioned sound from piano and computer. Is there a problem with stereo channel?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Need some more info here:

How are you connecting the piano and computer to the system, Di box or directly
    connected to the XLR inputs. (I take it that the piano is an electronic keyboard)

What channels on the AR2412 are you connection the piano and computer to.

What channels are they then patched to on the QU24 mixer.

What is the metered PFL level on those channels.

Have you adjusted the channel gain control on those channels

The stage box inputs have a pad you can apply if needed via the channel pre amp section
    menu.

Profile photo of Danny
    Danny
    Participant

I have electric piano connected directly to AR2412, on 22 channel. I use 22 channel from qu24 too.
    Probably this is the problem. I didn’t find information about how to use stereo channel through AR2412.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I would use a DI for the piano 2 for stereo. 21&22 for stereo which is ST 2 on console.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The 2412 inputs will be hard left and right which is fine for things like piano, overheads, stereo guitar etc. adjust pads and gain so as not to distort the preamp. Adjust level on keyboard if needed to accomplish that.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If your piano has actual XLR outputs that will work but of those that I have used
    their output has been smoking hot and needed padded down a lot.

Have you used the IO patching menu on the Q pad app, it actually easier to visualize
    the patching and re-patch as needed on the app than on the mixers IO patch menu….at least to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.