QU24 + AR2412 – Mix (AUX) outputs local?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU24 + AR2412 – Mix (AUX) outputs local?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michi Michi 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michi
    Michi
    Participant

Simple question, hopefully –

If a QU24 is equipped with the AR2412 stagebox, are the local MIX outputs still active, or will all 8 MIX out be sent to the stagebox outputs 1-8 while the local MIX OUT XLRs are muted?

In the manual, I can only find answers for the inputs.

Reason: want to use external FX via AUX/return, like in the old days 😉

Thank you in advance

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

If you find a way to do a send/return to external FX please let us know !!

My look at the block diagram does not show any way to do it.
    But maybe there is some way that is not at all obvious which would allow us to do it.

Too bad A&H does not have an SDK so we could write our own FX.

Profile photo of Michi
    Michi
    Participant

Thats pretty straightforward actually: Mix out -> hardware EFX unit -> stereo input (or 2 mono channels)

My question is just if the local MIX outs are active while a AR2412 is connected.
    Or, if it is possible to patch the MIX out 5-8 to “local” instead of “dSnake” like it is with the inputs.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

The MIX outs on the back of the console should be active regardless of whether they’ve been patched to one or more dSnake outputs. The dSnake output patch that you have setup (under I/O Patch -> dSnake Out) is an output “in addition to” the local output, rather than how patching a dSnake input as the source to a channel is “instead of” the local input.

The other day I used the local outputs on the board with a headphone amp so one person could monitor the recording mix (mix 9-10); the default dSnake Out patch setting also had mix 9-10 going to outputs on the AR2412 stagebox connected to the mixer.

Profile photo of Michi
    Michi
    Participant

Thank you Ryan!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Yes the local outputs are always active regardless of the output patching on a stage box.
    For example you could have mix 1 patched to every output on the stage, assigned to the ALT output and still use the local fixed mix 1 output.

Profile photo of Michi
    Michi
    Participant

Thank you for the support and an answer I really like 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.