Qu16/24 can i control my daw?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu16/24 can i control my daw?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Falcula
    Falcula
    Participant

Hi there,

Iam intressted to buy a Qu16/24. I mainly going to use it studio togheter with a DAW. Just wonder how mutch i daw-control i have from the board?

Thanks
    Jeppe

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

The way I understand it, the custom layer can be set up to send commands to the DAW via USB-b (on the back of the board). I’ve never done it before but the drivers and notes are available on the A&H website. Maybe that will answer your question

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-24/#tab5

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi there. QU16 as a DAW? Works brilliantly with Reaper. (stunning would be a better word) I now want to run 2x QU16’s for surface area and use an ME for artists head phones. However I can only get 1 QU to work in the MACbook Pro at a time. Where can I get more info on how to run either 2 A&H DAW apps? There must be a way! Ive been using the GSR24M for couple years and so just used this knowledge to set up the matrix and the QU16 was really easy to use. Moving faders… I could switch between banks of 16 channels in the Mac with the faders moving to their respective positions. You can mix ITB (in the box) or bring the audio back into each fader per channel and mix in the mixer.

Profile photo of big bozz
    big bozz
    Participant

Hey I wonder if you could help me I recently bought a qu16 which I’m running with logic 10 on my Mac Pro (I will say I’m new to digital mixers so bare with me ) ok this is my problem when recording analog into logician can see signal on my qu16 on the stereo channel and I can see signal in logic on the channel strip and I can record a wav file because I can see my recording but I have no audio volume in other words I can’t hear my signal or my recorded play back I am really getting confused using between my digital and agnolotti domaines do I always have the imput source on the qu16 in USB mode when recording analog or does analog get set to USB when recording and then play back

Help please 🙂

Regards Andie

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello Andy
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DAW-Control-Setup-Notes-V1.10.pdf
    That pretty much says it all. Remember you need to set up your Mac [configure speakers]
    and I do not know Logic software, however the Reaper software has a matrix where you can configure where the audio comes back into the QU. I set that to return into ST3 digitally

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.