QU16 with Catalina

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU16 with Catalina

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thierry roussel thierry roussel 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gildas22
    gildas22
    Participant

Hi, I have problems with my QU16 with Calalina on Mac. I guess I’m not the only one !
    Digital Performer or Ableton Live works with the microphone of the computer. No noise, no problem.
    But when I try to work with the QU16, I have a lot of noises, cracks.
    I guess the problem is the 64 bits Catalina system.
    Does anyone have a solution ?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@gildas22

Linux

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@gildas22 – The Qu is class compliant, meaning there is no driver or any kind of special setup required for it to work with macOS Catalina.
    The issue you are experiencing is more likely to be due to the setup of the mac or a conflict of some kind, though could also be caused by something as simple as a bad cable.
    Please contact us using https://support.allen-heath.com with more details on the mac and how you have everything hooked up and we’ll be able to run through some troubleshooting for your particular system.

@volounteer – Due to the Qu having a class compliant USB audio interface it will actually work with Linux in many cases. However, as we do not offer support for the many different flavours of Linux, it’s not something that should be recommended.

Thanks,
    Keith.

volounteer
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

From my experience XP is not supported but it still works far better than win10.
    All the scare talk to get me to stop using it and upgrade to win8/10 was so much marketing hype from what I experience.
    Even my win98SE works better than win8/10 for my needs. And win8/10 fail far more than XP in my experience.
    and yes I know YMMV

I suspect that linux would work better than not only win10 but also for many mac users.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@gildasetevenard

I guess the problem is the 64 bits Catalina system.

no not really

try to search the forum
    or contact the support team
    they will provide help

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

ad hominem attacks only prove you have no facts to support your claims

I *KNOW* that XP works fine. has worked fine going on 20 years without the problems that win8 and 10 gave me.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it’s not a claim

and it’s to stupid to answer this again
    working with Win10 on a daily basis with much success in many areas
    like many Mac or Linux users do

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

dont be so illogical

just cause it works at times for you does not make it a good choice for anyone else
    and your personal attacks do not give any credence to your claims

I *KNOW* how terrible bad win10 can be unless you do a thorough clean up on it – which most people dont even know is needed

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

@volounteer
    dont be so illogical

just cause it do not work at times for you does not make it a bad choice for anyone else

As a software developer for Windows applications I am used to work with Windows 10 and have contact with a lot of users of Windows 10. when there is a problem with that computers it sits in the most cases before the keyboard.
    Just mytwo cents.

Profile photo of thierry roussel
    thierry roussel
    Participant

hello i have the same probleme, on mu macbook pro I5 Mojave no problem with my qu 16, on my new imac i7 with catalina, there is many crack and noise when i use it to hear music from itunes or youtube. When i make a record in DP10, no problem on macbook I5 Mojave, and many noise and crack on imac I7 catalina.
    Same cable just take the same without changing anything.

EQ16 firmware v1.60

Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.