QU16 – Use a Mix output as a Group

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU16 – Use a Mix output as a Group

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Panda
    Panda
    Participant

Hi every one.

I’ve been wondering in buy a QU16 Mixer. but what is turning me off, is that is not possible to make groups (and insert a comp in a general drum set mix; or make a group for back vocals – I know that there ara DAC’s -).

I have readed manuals, seen webinars and still no have idea how to do it with QU16. Is it possible? (May i haven’t found “the one”)

After few minutes thinking I did a guess; So I imagine how to do it. Send “the ch’s” to mix 9-10 (i.e.) post-fader mode. And using a pair of XLR to TRS cable, connect it to st2 (Suppose I will have noise and impendance problems. but it’s just an idea)

Is just an idea…

Regards!!

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

You could purchase a Qu-Pac, Qu24 or Qu32 instead and have groups available. As you have found out there are absolutely no groups available on the Qu16.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

as you said…
    “send “the ch’s” to mix 9-10 (i.e.) post-fader mode. And using a pair of XLR to TRS cable, connect it to st2.”

that would be the workaround. But personally, I would never want one compressor on all the drums. Compress each drum channel as needed. So you want the drums to compress but not the reverb that is applied to them? If you raise the kick channel’s fader and it is now louder than all the other drums,… and hits the threshold of your “inserted” compressor, all the other drums are going to pump with each kick, completely un-musical, but if that is what you prefer, there is no law against it 🙂
    I know I know,, a million youtube experts tell everyone that you must have a compressor on all your drums to “glue them together”

puhleeze. Trust YOUR ears

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Run the fx through the faux group as well…

It’s a limitation of the 16. Slightly annoying now that the other deals of similar width all have the larger engine inside…

But DSP is needed for all these features, and there is only so much to go around

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.