QU16 Channel 12 recorded a load of weird noises instead of guitar?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU16 Channel 12 recorded a load of weird noises instead of guitar?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of coffee_king coffee_king 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Played a really important gig last. Everything went brilliant. Got home, checked the multitrack recording and channel 12 (Electric guitar) just contains weird noises/static for the entire gig.
    It couldnt have sounded like this through the PA system as we had an engineer with us live mixing from an iPad.

Seriously annoyed and depressed over this.
    Anyone had this before or know how to fix it so it doesnt happen again in the future?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Setup->Output Patch->USB Audio

Did you assume this was 1:1 mapped to the input channels? This could have changed.

Profile photo of timhum
    timhum
    Participant

Or if it was recorded onto a hard disc or fast USB stick, it would be weird indeed

Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Ive been having a play with this today as I finally have some “Down time” and with a vocal mic plugged into Channel 12 I cannot replicate this when recording again.

Setup->Output Patch->USB Audio

Did you assume this was 1:1 mapped to the input channels? This could have changed.

It is definitely mapped 1:1.

Or if it was recorded onto a hard disc or fast USB stick, it would be weird indeed

Yes, it recorded like this originally to my SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB stick. (Which I had freshly reformatted).

The only thing we did any different at this gig was to set up the ALT OUT.

Anyone got any further thoughts before I just hope to God that this doesnt happen again?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.