QU16 sees firmware but won't let me update

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU16 sees firmware but won't let me update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-B John-B 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aamigos
    Aamigos
    Participant

I have a QU formatted memstick. Loaded the new firmware (v 1.4) from my Mac onto it yesterday, went to load it onto the console, console showed me the update above the update button. When I touch update, nothing happens. Tried same procedure 3 or 4 times with same result. The mixer is recognizing the firmware, but was refusing to load. This was kinda aggravating as the iPad software had self-updated, and I was unable to use the pad last night. Anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts for a solution?

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Have you used the memory stick to update to other versions?
    Is it on the list of approved devices?

There are three things you could try. Start from scratch. Use the Qu to reformat the memory stick. Delete the update from your computer and re-download it from the website. It may be corrupted.

Plug the USB stick in before you start the mixer. Mine wouldn’t read the stick until I did this.

Good Luck

Profile photo of Aamigos
    Aamigos
    Participant

I don’t get to see the console for a couple of weeks, but when I do I’ll try all of the above. Thanks.

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

I did not have any problems updating the QU firmware until V 1.4. With that firmware, the mixer didn’t recognize the stick until after I re formatted it. Then reloading the firmware on the USB stick, it worked fine. Weird thing was, before re formatting the stick, it was perfectly readable by the computer! (late 2012 Mac Pro) Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.