Qu16 Scene

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu16 Scene

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KMc KMc 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KMc
    KMc
    Participant

Hi guys.
    I created a scene some time ago on my Qu16 and later transferred it to a usb stick.

Now I want to transfer it back onto the Qu16 but it will not transfer.

Would it be because it was created on an older version of firmware ?

Maybe some one has an answer.

Thanks

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I ran into that same thing, I want to say it is a firmware issue with older firmware
    created scenes that were backed up to a USB and then not reloading back to a QU with
    updated firmware.
    The older scenes work just fine on the mixer as the mixer is updated as long as they stay
    stored on the mixer.

I was lucky in that the scene I wanted to reload was easy to re-create.

What I did as a work around was to reload each of the older scenes, and then re-save/overwrite the scene so it was saved under the latest firmware and then back them back up again.
    In my test that seemed to work.

Profile photo of KMc
    KMc
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for the reply and info.

May I ask which firmware are you running now ?

Also would it be possible and safe to reload older firmware to my Qu,transfer the scene onto the Qu then update the firmware again ?

Thanks

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

May I ask which firmware are you running now ?

Also would it be possible and safe to reload older firmware to my Qu,transfer the scene onto the Qu then update the firmware again ?

I’m running 1.95 and to honest I can’t remember the exact version I was running when I created some of my older scenes. It would have been back in the 1.7XX and 1.8XX firmware
    range.

Your reverse work around sounds like would work, do you know what version firmware you were running when the old scene was created?
    At this time the only firmware versions available for download are 1.93, 1.94, 1.95

Profile photo of KMc
    KMc
    Participant

Yes. The scene was created on either 1.2 or 1.3 and then modified and resaved in either 1.6 or 1.7.

I have back as far as 1.8 saved on my computer but that didn’t work.

I’m not sure where I could get older firmware now just to transfer the scene and then reload 1.95 again.

Maybe someone out there would have something saved !

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi KMc,

I could do this for you!

Please go to support.allen-heath.com to start a ticket and attach the scene there.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of KMc
    KMc
    Participant

Sure Alex. Thank you for your input. I’ll do that right now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.