Qu16, QuPad and Set List Maker

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu16, QuPad and Set List Maker

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Greg Greg 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

I’m a 2 week veteran of the Qu-16, and I’ve been loving every minute of it! I’ve reached the point where I’ve got all the basics covered, and I’ve got two gigs under my belt that both resulted in great sound. Now I’m ready to reach for some bells & whistles. 🙂

I have an iPad Air that is successfully running the QuPad app. The communication is taking place wirelessly with a Linksys router in between the two hardware devices. I’ve got another iPad app called SetListMaker that can theoretically send MIDI commands, and I’d like to use that app to mute/unmute some vocal effects depending on the current song selection (the FX1 and FX2 returns, specifically).

I’ve figured out the MIDI commands I need to send using the Qu16’s MIDI protocol document, and I’ve got them setup in SetListMaker. But for the life of me, I can’t get the Qu16 to react to the commands. With no serial cable to sniff on, I have no idea if the commands are even making it to the Qu16…

So I guess I’ll start with the most basic question I have… should I be able to use a secondary app to wirelessly send MIDI commands to the Qu16 (through the Ethernet “Network” port) while simultaneously running QuPad on the same iPad? I’ve read some limitations regarding the number of separate QuPad apps that can control the board at once, so I’m wondering if I’m running into some sort of obstacle like that…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.