QU16 No signal from inputs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU16 No signal from inputs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bmrader
    bmrader
    Participant

Trying to stream multitrack audio via USB to Pro Tools 12 and I’m kind of at my wit’s end.

I’ve watched every YouTube video, looked at every forum and believe I have everything set right as far as USB B as the global out source, etc.

I’ve even set up the Qu as a DAW and that worked successfully, just no audio.

Every once in a while, I have the settings tweaked and the board and PT are recognizing a high pitched squealing signal, so, again, I know the computer is recognizing the board.

The Qu doesn’t appear to be receiving ANY signals from the multiple mics I have plugged in. Mics/cables/etc all work fine and don’t need phantom power. I just don’t know why the board isn’t getting any signal from the mics.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You probably need to go through the Qu manual at the board and check all settings, levels and routing.

1. Are the inputs set to “local”?

2. Have you set the input gain for each channel/mic?

3. Are the channels assigned to the appropriate bus?

Select and Solo a channel to access the channel screen, speak into the mic and adjust the input gain until you see a good signal level. If you’re good there, check your assignments and routing, but verify signal present at the channel by select and solo.

Profile photo of bmrader
    bmrader
    Participant

Yes! I’m dumb! Figured this out right after I posted this. Didn’t have inputs set to local, though they all had to be on USB.

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Yup, you need to think like an engineer, use logic, demand proof…proceed.

I like to start at square one. Basically I’ve never had to go much further…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.