QU16 Newb: PEQ vs Channel Library

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU16 Newb: PEQ vs Channel Library

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DFT DFT 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

Hi …

New QU16 user here.

Could someone give me a quick explanation on the purposes of the PEQ vs Channel Libraries?

While it is obvious that the PEQ Library accessed from the FN button when channel or mix PEQ is selected in Processing is mic specific, it is not obvious whether you select one or the other or one after the other, as in SM57Snare (PEQ) plus Snare(Channel).

Also, is is not obvious what the ‘Recall Preamp’ set to default ‘Off’ in the Channel Library is for.

I searched this forum and the QU16 User Guide and couldn’t find an answer.

Thank you.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Recall preamp should be the setting that controls if what the gain was set to gets recalled or not.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

The channel library gives you a rough starting point for all settings, gate, PEQ, compressor. Use the separate PEQ, Gate, and Compression libraries afterwards for more specific choices.

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

Thank you both! … Curious that they don’t display Channel Library under the Processing>Channel Tab instead of the Processing>PEQ Tab … but I guess there was no room with the FN>Select Source screen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.