QU16 FX

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amadan
    Amadan
    Participant

hi all,

Just 2 quick questions:

How do you assign FX 3 and 4 to a channel (i.e. gated reverb to a snare drum channel) and how do you assign FX to mixes (i.e. reverb to monitor mixes?)

Also does everyone not feel an email from allen and heath about firmware updates would be helpful as my iPad updates automatically then i go to a show and my iPad won’t work as my QU16 still running old firmware?

Many thanks

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Press the FX button.
    Go the FX3 tab.
    Press the Fn Key, press “Library,” select the FX you want (eg a gated verb,) and press “Recall” to load it.
    Press the Back Panel button.
    Select insert.
    Select the relevant channel/mix you want to insert the FX across.
    Press Apply.
    You’ll get a Dry/Wet control.

If you want to insert the reverb across the whole mix you’d do the above but instead of selecting the snare channel you’d select the relevant mix. If you want to route a reverb return at a particular mix (more likely than an insert,) you’d go to the top layer, press the relevant mix button on the RHS of the console so your fader were mixing to the relevant monitor mix, then you’d raise the FX return fader from the relevant FX engine. pp50-52 of the v1.7 manual explain this.

HTH

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Turn off auto updates on your iPad. It’s an option under the iTunes tab.

NEVER, EVER allow any mission critical gear to auto-update unless it’s absolutely, positively a necessity. In this case it is DEATH to your setup as you cannot roll back any iPad apps. Thanks, Apple Corp.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

subscribe to the newsletter to get informed about updates

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I just got bit by the update thing. Opening QuPad to show somebodty and see it is 1.7, now I have to update the board to match. I was going to skip this version! I really want the channel neams to tranfer to the recorded tracks, that can’t be too hard can it? 🙂

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

@lou
    Why skip it, it’s the best version yet! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.