QU16 froze mid-show

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU16 froze mid-show

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of andy andy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Hi guys hope someone can shed some light on this situation.

As the title suggests I had a QU16 freeze on me mid-show. The board was completely unresponsive, meters froze, mute buttons would not work and there was NO audio. I was using an analogue multi, there was nothing connected to the USB socket. There is an Apple router connected and powered on, but no iPad was in use.

The guy whom I was working for and owns the board can’t replicate the fault, he’s had it out on 4 shows since and it’s been fine! I think he suspects I was some how doing something to cause it but I really don’t see how that could be.

If I was clipping preamps regularly during the show, could this have contributed to the issue in some way?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

One possible (read “likely”) trigger would be a brown-out or other power supply anomaly.
    Venue electrical is always a crap-shoot.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Thank you, that seems likely. The owner of the board seems to think that I could have some how clipped it into doing this! Surely that’s not even possible??

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

No, it seems highly unlikely that usage patterns would freeze a desk. Other than power issues, having a WAP connected but not in use by YOU allows for other interference, I suppose, but I really doubt that anything an operator would do in the course of using the desk would be the fault. Gotta be external: power issue or wireless interference.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

As I suspected! Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.