QU16 and Studio Artist One

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration QU16 and Studio Artist One

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ns456456 ns456456 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of magicbus
    magicbus
    Participant

Hello, has there been any discussion in the forums as to why Presonus’ Studio Artist is ignored by AH? When looking at DAW integration examples it’s nnwhere to be found. No one can argue it’s popularity. I use Reaper as well (though it seems more finiky) but I do have some question regarding DAW Control (Mac) and getting the outputs (via USB) to line up properly. (1:1, 2:2, etc.) I’ve played with the offsets, and as a newbie to the QU/digital world I’m not without my struggle. Love the platform, lots to sort through.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I did a test with it about year ago and it worked as I remember. I only tested it.

Profile photo of ns456456
    ns456456
    Participant

I use S1 V4 and have to bank twice to get all the faders to line up. I setup 2 DAW Control in the placement section of Studio one. No other issues with any other DAW.

Profile photo of magicbus
    magicbus
    Participant

Hello. Thanks for the input. I have set up two Mackie Control devices each on its own MIDI Channel. I have the soft keys set to bank up and down. I’ve tried to “Place” them using the group area when setting up the devices. I’m missing something regarding the bank up/down. Maybe yo7 can fill in the blanks for me. Been extremely frustrating. I’m on Windows 10 now.

Profile photo of ns456456
    ns456456
    Participant

On the QU 16 i have two Mackie control setups. The first set of 16 faders work. if i want channel 17-32 to show in order from the first fader on the QU I have to hit the bank button twice. If I only hit it once, only the first 8 faders switch and the other 8 faders control the very first eight from 1-8. Weird, confusing and I assume its a presonus thing because logic uses Mackie control fine. So setting up two mackie ctrl and banking twice if you want to keep faders in order. You have to hit the channel select just to know where you are on the DAW Mixer as well because you can get lost. Pro Tools and logic Software banks with the Control Surface not Studio One. I rarely use it unless I really need to control multiple set of faders or mutes at one time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.