QU16 and 32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU16 and 32

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

How about putting the guts of a QU-pac into a QU-16 frame? Love having the faders for those high pressure moments. layer 1 could still be the first 16. Custom layer still custom with the option of pulling 17-32 from any input including the stage boxes.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Slight limit in terms of MTX/Group controls, but between the custom layer and iPad app that should be doable.

Good idea (particularly if you allow a QU16 trade in 😉

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Would work for me too! It’s not so much the extra input channels, it’s the groups & matrix outs I want.

Can it pinch the SB’s foot switch as well? 🙂

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

You guys have great Ideas as well. As I posted this I had just come off of a show using My QU-Pac and I-Pads. There were a couple of times I would liked to have had faders. But at the same time with the additional Input count of the QU pack and a stage Box, I was able to do some creative routing to help on a monitor situation. The mix outputs of a Qu-16 are Quite enough for most festivals and events we do. But the input count of 16 is just not quite enough. The compact size of the 16 versus my QU-32 is excellent in some small venues.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I just bought a Qu Pac, had a Qu16 will all the features of the Qu Pac 32 with an addition of 16 faders and channels 17 to 32 being on another layer it would have made the final decision a little harder. In the long run for my needs the compact size of the Qu Pac is what works for me.

I posted this before, I think the new Qu SB would be very use full if it could be a dual purpose unit and operate as both a mixer unit or a stage box like the AB168. For larger shows it could be a stage box and for smaller shows if could out as a mixer unit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.