Qu-You for iPad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-You for iPad

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lesouvage
    lesouvage
    Participant

I updated my Qu-16 to firmware 1.6, downloaded Qu-You at my iPhone and played a bit around. It is all very intuitive and I’m curious how the musicians will react if, within limits, they are offered control over their monitor mix, the channels assigned and the volume of their monitor. I love the concept and the user interface. Compliments for the development team. I have two questions:

I tried to install Qu-You on my iPad but the app doesn’t show up in the app store while I read on the Allen & Heath site that Qu-You is available for iPhone, iPod and iPad.

What is rolling one of the four wheels actually changing ( sorry, I guess the answer is obvious but I couldn’t figure it out )

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Erik,

Try searching the App store with the ‘iPhone Only’ option. Alternatively, you can download from iTunes then sync it to the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The wheels control the levels of all of the faders in that ‘group’ at the same time.

If you watch the mix on the mixer or the qu-you whilst playing you’ll quickly see why I really like it, the engineer can still make adjustments as needed.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

And rolling one of the wheels adjusts the level of all the channels assigned to it, while (theoretically) keeping the differences between them the same. Assign some channels to a wheel, and set them at some different levels. Go back to the wheel and move it a bit. Look at the assigned channels again, and their levels will have changed.

If you turn it up so far that any of the channels reaches the top, they all stop at that point. Turning down does not reach a stop, and you can end up with everything off. Turn it up again, and you maintained the differences you set initially.

Hope this helps too!

E2A – Beaten by Bob!

lesouvage
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. This really helps 🙂 I fiddled around with Qu-You and I love the UI and the simplicity. Still wondering if the musicians will like doing their own monitor mix. It also would be great if Qu-pad would have a “Qu-You” mode and adjust the FOH sound with the Qu-You UI.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Oh – just one other thing – I only let the guys with in ears run Qu-You, the risk associated with wedge monitors going into feedback is beyond my tolerance…

lesouvage
    Participant

[XAP]Bob, my idea was to adjust the maximum volume of the monitors below the level where the monitors start to deliver problems so the musician can move the slider to the max if he or she feels like that without causing feedback and/or other problems. Is this a bit too optimistic?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Possibly – although they can change each and every fader, including the mix master. To leave headroom for feedback protection you’ll be running into digital clipping, or other issues at the desk.

I suppose a limiter on the output might help (they can’t see/adjust that), but I’d rather not have big speakers controlled by people primarily doing something else…

Profile photo of stevec88
    stevec88
    Participant

My Ipad does not control my monitor mixes when I push the mix button on the Ipad my Qu24 is still in the L/R mix with it blue light lit. It will not light the mix buttons to control the monitors on stage. Help on this please.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you try to move faders on the QuPad? The mix selection of the console does not follow the selection on the pad, and this is great. You can keep LR assigned on the console and modify a mix on the Pad, for example.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

iPad and control surface are completely independent. They only affect each other when the signal path is changed (PAFL selections for instance)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.