Qu – You for Android

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Qu – You for Android

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Patrick Patrick 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Good news everybody. Qu-You for Android is now available for free on Google Play!
    Qu-You release V1.70. This is the Android version for Qu mixers running V1.7 firmware.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allenheath.qumon&hl=en_GB

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Just OOI, is there a plan to release the ‘old’ versions of QuYou/QuPad into the Apple Store wuith version numbers plastered over the logos?

Leaving the “normal” one for auto updates etc.

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi Bob, we won’t be keeping previous versions of apps available in the App store, so we recommend that users disable any automatic updating on their devices to avoid unexpected incompatibility with the firmware version your mixer is running. Any major update from A&H will be announced publicly, allowing you to make the choice to update your app and your mixer’s firmware and your apps when it suits you. πŸ™‚

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

looks good so far, will test it next time possible

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It rather makes upgrades a one way deal, since even if I subsequently downgrade the mixer I can’t then regain remote control.

Hired mixers are the other obvious situation where an older firmware version might be unavoidable.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

As both a user and soft-/hardware implementer I’d prefer one App version which could handle all protocol variants. Of course the App should not offer controls which are not available on the “currently connected” console.
    Slightly more complex on the application side, but great for all customers…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, I was trying to suggest an easy way out πŸ˜‰

Of course the app should deal with updating the mixer as well πŸ˜‰ (moon on stick territory)

Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

Is anyone else seeing a rotation bug in Qu-You 1.70 for Android? When I launch in portrait mode, there are four controls in a 2×2 arrangement. When I rotate to landscape, there are four controls in a 4×1 arrangement, as expected, When I rotate back to portrait, I get two stretched controls and blank space, rather than the screen going back to the 2×2 arrangement.

If you are also seeing this, can you please report it to tech support? I sent screenshots showing the very obvious bug, but tech support implied it won’t be shown to developers unless others report the same problem.

(This is rather counterproductive, in my view, as a former software developer. If there is clear evidence and reproducibility of a bug on a particular platform, I’d want to know about it, since that bug may be less reproducible or manifest itself in less clear ways on other platforms, requiring a longer investigation cycle. I get the concept of shielding developers from every report that comes in, but a glaringly obvious, clearly documented and displayed UI bug… pass it along… you’ll be doing the devs a favor.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.