QU-YOU feature suggestions.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-YOU feature suggestions.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dickiefunk dickiefunk 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi,

I’m really liking the QU-YOU app and think the ability to have four assignable wheels for quick adjustments is really quick and efficient.
    There are a couple of things I’d love to see implemented :-

1/ Android version
    2/ Customisable colours for the individual channels and wheels
    3/ Have the option to change the “Me” text for one of the wheels
    4/ Be able to change Reverb/FX levels
    5/ The option of adding either a couple more wheels to the home page (6 would be great) or be able to remove wheels you’re not using

On the gigs I’ve done I’ve found more musicians have Android based phones than iPhones so it is a limited amount of users that can have access to being able to do their own monitor mixes. This has become the biggest complaint I’ve come across.
    It would be great to be able to customise the colours of each channel and wheel as I find it can be a little tricky to read the text quickly if you have your iPhone on a stand etc.
    I would really like to be able to change the text of the “Me” label as I’m a keyboard player who uses two keyboards. With the way I work I like to have each keyboard on a separate wheel and then the drums on on the third and the rest of the band on the fourth. Being able to properly label both my keyboards would be great.
    One thing I’ve had a few singers ask is can I have some more reverb in my monitor (particularly plush wedding marquee venues) and it would be great if there could be a simple way for them to adjust this?
    Finally, I’d love to have a couple of extra wheels but this is not essential. It would also be great to be able to have less wheels for the singer songwriter gigs I run sound at. Quite often its a vocalist playing either guitar or keys so only two wheels are needed at these gigs and it would keep things really straight forward for the performer.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

FX Returns levels are already assignable – you need to swipe to the second screen, where you’ll find ST1, 2 & 3 & FX1, 2, 3 & 4.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nicola has recently posted a poicture of QuYou on a Samsung device, so you might just want to watch Frankfurt 😉

as for colours – I can see the benefit on the wheels, but the setup screen shouldn’t be being used after soundcheck/rehearsals anyway…

dickiefunk
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree it would be more useful for the wheels to have custom colours. Even if it is the light green border that can be changed that would be helpful.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

I agree that you should be able to customize the number of wheels or no wheels at all. In my case, my band only uses 12 channels max, it’s more straight forward to look at a series of faders for musicians.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

They can always sit on one of the wheel setup screens the, although they lose the master control…

dickiefunk
    Participant

Great to see how the QU-PAD app is getting better and better! Hoping there will be a little more development for QU-YOU? Would still love to have

1/ Customisable colours for individual channels and wheels
    2/ To be able to add up to two more wheels or remove any wheels you’re not using (solo/duo acoustic gigs)
    3/ Be able to rename the ‘Me’ label on that wheel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.