Qu-You Android – Switching Mixes – Problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-You Android – Switching Mixes – Problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancour2
    Dancour2
    Participant

I’ve installed Qu-You into my Android phone. I want to use the “one” phone to adjust 3 different mixes. I set up Mix 1 – everything works well. I set up mix 2 – mix2 works well. I go back to Mix 1 and one of my previous selections has changed to reflect Mix 2.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@dancour2

The Qu-You app is designed to provide control for a single mix to the performer and the intention is that performers can bring and use their own device to control their mix.
    In a situation where multiple people are using the same monitor mixes, like a gig with multiple bands, then performers may be using the same mixes, but have different personal devices and want to group inputs differently on the wheels.

So as the app simply remotely controls the mixer, the channel contributions when changing mix will be different and reflect what the mixer is doing – However, the grouping settings for the wheels do not exist in the mixer as a concept and are stored by the app on the device, so these remain the same no matter the mix.

In short, unfortunately what I think you’re wanting to do here is not possible… sorry!

Keith.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Since it sounds like your the dedicated monitor mixer and need to bounce back and forth
    between mixes you may just want to use the QPad app and just select the mix you need at a give time.
    That would be faster then setting up the QU You app every time to make a change but you would need to be careful not to get into other sections of the mixer operation.

How many channels on each mix are you needing to control?

Profile photo of Dancour2
    Dancour2
    Participant

Regarding Qu-You, there are just 4 channels needing adjusting for each of 3 mixes on the stage. I just picked up an iPad and that should work well. Over the next while, I’ll slowly introduce Qu-You – to the bass player first. I may look into the Mixing Station, as I’m a Windows guy. I do like the Qu-Pad gui on the iPad. Well thought out!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Here’s thought, since you are not needing to control that many channels per mix maybe look at the QU Control app. That app lets you set controls for specific mixer functions
    such as send levels.

It does only run on iPads or iPhones though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.