QU-you

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stonepiano Stonepiano 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Is it possible to get the mains added to QU-You? Only because I have a few situations where small churches don’t always have a sound person available. Pastors have asked if they could have an iPhone app to make minor adjustments. These are folks who don’t want all the bells and whistles of the QU-pad.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Use 9/10 as main?
    In this situation the higher mixes are usually unused anyway…

Call it Main ?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I thought of that but considered it too confusing to the end user. It would just be nice if the app could also control the LR mix buss.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yeah – it is a bit “out there”.

I like that there is no way anyone can access the main mix from QuYou though – it stops accidents.
    With the passwords now implemented it might be possible to have QuYou with the admin password act as a mini QuPad?

Not sure I could cope with passwords per mix – some trust is needed 😉
    Might be nice to have a selection of mixes to make available though – then I could disable the wedges from appearing in the list.
    Also a “test tone” option when you’ve selected a mix, so you *know* that your in ears aren’t crosswired…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I understand your concern but again there has to be a level of trust. In the case of a church where no one else would be accessing it the idea would work. Or. Just give us a mini QU-pad app for iPhone. Limited would be fine. Levels and mutes.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I think the QuYou model works quite well there – I was pondering generalisations…

https://m.xkcd.com/974/ (Click on alt-text)

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Digression- but my band tried to link with my router on an iPad, no success… is Qu-You up to 1.8 at the moment?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes on iOS, no on Android (at least I haven’t seen the notice, but I don’t use it on android anyway)

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

OK, have to climb up there and show them how it’s done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.