QU + Waves Mixrack Native ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU + Waves Mixrack Native ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Norrie
    Norrie
    Participant

Hi guys just curious QU + Waves Mixrack Native has anyone tried it and is it possible?

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

VERY unfortunately, you cannot use USB as insert points on any Qu series consoles.

Not exactly sure why they set it up this way, but the USB completely takes over a channel and disables it’a mic input.

Most digital consoles do not function this way and many of us have pointed this out.

Anytime I need to use my Waves plugins I bring out my Soundcraft Expression or use an Avid Venue.

Hopefully in the future they take note of this as many of my friends refuse to buy Qu’s based on this fact. Version 2 this can’t be overlooked again.

Profile photo of Norrie
    Norrie
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I did think that was the case I was just staying hopeful I’d perhaps overlooked something not to worry though the onboard fx are good.

I wonder if this is even something that could be implemented or if it’s a complete limitation of the USB interface ?

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

I’m not a developer, and have no ties in manufacturing.

With that said, I’m about 99% sure this is a hardware limitation. My guess is it was designed so when someone switches to USB, the mic input is completely severed from the signal path.

How it Should Behave is the mic input should run down the USB and at the console input it just takes whatever is sent down USB.

This way, the gain still controls the mic pre, and anything coming down USB is digital anyways so you can trim on the other end.

This is how any Soundcraft, Midas, Behringer, etc. Function.

Huge design flaw and the single and only reason I bring my Si Expression out on gigs 80% of the time now.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Huge design flaw – it doesn’t make me coffee…

The USB I/O isn’t an insert point, if you really need to then you can push out a mix and bring back to another channel.

Different people have different needs for systems. I tend not to carry around a computer to add effects to each track when there are perfectly competent fx on board.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.