QU to Logic, losing left channel on return for mixing…help?!?!?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU to Logic, losing left channel on return for mixing…help?!?!?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of mike mike 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mike
    mike
    Participant

I’ve done something bone-headed and I’ve lost my left side on the way back to the QU desk from Logic.

For example, I’ve recorded some tracks.
    As I listen to those tracks and try to mix, I notice that PAN in Logic no longer behaves as a balance Left-Right knob (i know that pan is different that balance, but that’s how it has been working). Using this I’m able to swing guitars left and bass right, for example.
    Recently this same knob acts only to quiet one side or the other, almost like a volume control.

If I listen to the mix and fiddle with the pan with headphones plugged directly into my mac, I have no problem.

If I listen to the mix and fiddle with the pan with headphones plugged into my QU 16, I get the problem and can’t mix effectively.

As a test, I did this:
    created two simple tracks

recorded first track panned hard left

recorded second track panned hard right

when plugged into computer directly, hearing both fine in proper sides

when routing back through USB into QU, using headphones, I only hear the track on the right

So, seems somewhere between the Logic DAW and the QU Desk I’ve lost a channel.

I’m wondering if I’ve either crossed left and right at some point, or if I set something incorrectly on my board, but honestly I’m not experienced enough to know where to look.

I did try resetting the mixer (soft reboot) but no difference.
    The only thing connecting my MAC to my QU is a USB-B cable.

Probably a configuration issue because the only thing that connects the computer to the QU is the USB cable.

Can anyone give me ideas on where to look? I’ve tried going through the DAW midi settings procedure again, no luck.

Thanks, any tips helpful

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.