QU Studio A/B studio monitor speaker selector

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU Studio A/B studio monitor speaker selector

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Salislore
    Salislore
    Participant

Thanks for that info NZdave.

I see that you are using Reaper. I have two questions for you about Reaper if you don’t mind:

My scenario: I have the new QU-24, but I am currently running Presonus Studio One Pro3 as my DAW on my Desktop PC. I knew I couldn’t use the PC and had to change to a Mac before I purchased the QU-24. I am intending to buy an iMac 27″ in the near future. What I didn’t realize was that Presonus Studio One Pro3 wouldn’t work with the QU-24, because it does not use the HUI or Mackie protocol. It has it’s own proprietary protocol. I’m bummed about that because I really like Studio One. So, now I have to purchase a different DAW. I saw that A&H lists Reaper as one of the compatible DAW’s. My main question is around automation. Can the QU-24 perform mix-down volume automation with Reaper, where I can go back and make additional changes after the initial mix-down and then do it again as many time as I need to? I hope I explained that question correctly. And in general how do you like Reaper?

Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Salislore

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

using mute groups you can directly assign soft buttons to mute your matrix outs without need to switch layers…

This is a quote from Andreas headphone response (in another posting) to a question.
    AFter spending a couple of days in studio on a QU I now see the benifits of directing L/R to matrix outputs and simply muting either of the 2 matrixs to A/B studio monitors 😐
    My problem is I just can not find how to mute the matrixs with a softkey?
    Can anyone enlighten me on that?

Please.

NZdave

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Put each output into it’s own mute group
    Then use the mute group controls on the soft keys

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Put each output into it’s own mute group
    Then use the mute group controls on the soft keys

Thanks Bob
    There are no matrix out puts within the DCA or mute groups?
    I must be missing something here?
    It must be my age man. 😐

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

More likely I am missing something – I use a Qu16…

And since I don’t have it here…. Is there an input and an output page on the mute group selection system?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Interestingly.. no mutes in the DCA or the mute groups?
    However there is of course a mute [button] function with-in the direct Matrix channels in upper layer and also in QUpac.
    This all came about from the original post of A/B speakers in a studio enviroment.
    Driven from FOH fader ‘post’ into matrixs’ [plural] so one finger has immediate access to mechanical volume level.

anyhow…
    thanks
    some one will hope have an answer reply overnight

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.