QU-Series Offline/Computer Scene Editor

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-Series Offline/Computer Scene Editor

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

The Qu series needs a software application which emulates the iPad application and can run/edit scenes saved to a USB drive/thumb drive. With this type of feature, the admin could save/backup the mixer to the USB device, then plug that device into a laptop off site and modify scenes, etc. Save those, then load back into the mixer.

This type of feature would be helpful when preparing for big shows, fesitvals, or holiday services for churches.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d be happy with having it a feature of the iPad app…

Load/save scenes from the desk, and create new ones to push as well…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Totally agree. I’d love to be able to set up the desk in advance of a show from my iPad.

Profile photo of stringbreaker
    stringbreaker
    Participant

An old topic actually. Would love it too as I do not take the mixer home. Unfortunately it seems that A&H does not have it on the list.

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

We need an editor on/off line and A&H knows it(see the screenshot from tweeter) so perhaps available with the 2.0 firmware..?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Read the Tweet you linked. See where it says “app”? It’s not a firmware issue, it’s got to be a program you can use on a laptop, save to a USB stick and load into the Qu-whatever.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I would be minimally happy with the Qu-Pad app turned into an off line editor.
    Lets face it.. A & H know we want this!
    Resources and marketing!
    I have heaps of shows sitting in a folder.
    How can I can edit those into some sort of order.
    I use Win as my hacks on laptops and it would be great to be able to combine and sort. Edit and make new QU Show templates.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The point is that 90% of the work has already been done in terms of the UI on QuPad – it’s only saving the files and moving them to/from the desk that needs work.

Profile photo of grandlakemark
    grandlakemark
    Participant

Yes! An offline editor would be wonderful.

Profile photo of Garie63
    Garie63
    Participant

I do not want SQ, I do not want Gld, I love my Qu-24. Editor in the studio .. Editor! Editor!

Profile photo of grandlakemark
    grandlakemark
    Participant

So sad that we don’t have an offline editor (qu-32). Time after time, I could have tried some new organization or structure if I could have edited the show at home.

Our Church is also in a position that we can’t buy a newer/bigger console. Frustrating that we can “save” the show, but can’t do any editing to that file.
    I wish I knew enough about programing to jump into it myself, but that’s way beyond my depth.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else we can do to encourage this change?
    Thanks Allen & Heath for great products. This one change would make them even more “awesome-er”!

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

I feel like A&H sold us “Qu” as their fully supported solution for this price range and are now abandoning it to focus solely on SQ. Tons of Qu products are in their customer’s hands. Please do not stop fulfilling these customer’s wishlist items.

I get that some of the wishlist items are constrained or not feasible due to the physical hardware of the Qu line. However, features which do not require any HW changes should never be shelved. They should stay in scope and be pursued.

If A&H doesn’t continue to develop new features for Qu products, then they are just telling their customers that all purchases are considered temporary and will not be supported once a new product is launched. That’s not a business model which builds loyalty. A&H management – please reconsider your commitment to existing customer satisfaction by ensuring continued investment of enhancements for all existing products.

Regards,
    Todd

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

As an example of what I am hoping for, A&H should download and explore the free PC Edit software from that other company (B). Out of respect I will not provide a link to it here, but if you search YouTube for “Edit Software Overview” and the manufacturer, you can see what they provide.

Basically, every setting that can be saved in a scene is available for edit off line via a PC. Once edits are made, they can be saved to a scene and then via USB transferred back to the mixer for loading.

Others have asked for this type of off-line edit capability at least via the iPad. I’d prefer a PC solution. However, I understand their request. They already know the iPad interface, so it would be a quick adoption of that solution.

Edit via iPad would only need to solve these requirements:
    1) ability for Qu mixer to transmit scene files via wifi to iPad local storage.
    2) ability for iPad app to run off-line, not connected to mixer, similar to Demo mode, but rather “Edit” mode.
    3) ability for iPad app to open scene files stored locally and load them into the Edit mode.
    4) ability for iPad app to allow edits to all parameters of the scene, thus having a live/real-time loaded scene file active.
    5) ability for iPad app to allow for saving the edits to a scene file (user can specify a new name or overwrite the loaded scene file)
    6) ability for iPad app and Qu mixer to allow the iPad app to transmit a selected scene to the mixer via wifi.

With all of the above, the user can download the mixer scenes, take them with them in the iPad off site. Open a scene, make edits, and then save them as a scene. Later, the user can arrive onsite and transmit the edited scene to the mixer for use.

Make sense?

All of the same functionality would be required in a PC app, and the addition of a new GUI to represent the settings visually.

Regards,
    Todd

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

Nearly 2 weeks since my last post and and still no response from A&H. Sad. They have never acknowledged this thread.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.