QU-SB users?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-SB users?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Thanks The Manual… 😉

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Lol.
    I checked online spec sheets and got the dimensions but no rack sizing!
    There it was in front of me all along…..
    I’m surprised it needs the same case as my QU-PAC as it’s not as tall, I thought it was 1u smaller.
    Now I know 😉👍🏻

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Hmmmm, how can you rack a QU-SD in a manner that allows permanent cabling to wireless mics, monitor amps, and mic cables. Sure, I could run cables in a blank rack space next to the mixer, but it kinda looks like this mixer is begging for rack rails that are placed toward the rear half of rack depth. Am I missing something?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

That was my take on it too, so that’s how I mounted it in it’s flightcase. That way I can leave as much cabling as possible in during transport. The added bonus is that the plugs from the mic cables are also less vulnerable on stage.

Giga

Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks, Giga. I guess I want a rack that would also contain the wireless mic transmitters and a power amp for monitors and a power strip all left permanently wired (no connecting or disconnecting for gigs or transport.

Barryjam
    Participant

OK, now I’m confused by a photo vs. a drawing in the manual.

The photo of the QU-sb in a rack looks like the mixer is flush with the rack AT THE BOTTOM, so that the top of the mixer is slanted inward creating greater room for connected cables with the rack lid on.

The drawing looks like the the mixer is flush with the rack at the TOP of the rack, so that the bottom of the mixer is slanted outward and extends into the lid portion of the rack, creating less room for connected cables with the rack lid on.

Which is it?

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Flush at the top, see mine in a 4-space rack

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks, Rob

Profile photo of pgrillone
    pgrillone
    Participant

https://www.amazon.com/Shallow-ABS-Rackmount-Flight-Case/dp/B01LXTAK1P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487683097&sr=8-1&keywords=mcm+4u+case

This is the case I bought off Amazon, 4U rack, shallow case. It works great. I just installed it last night. lots of room behind the mixer for my cables, router and a couple mics.

I will post photos later tonight.
    Hope this helps

Barryjam
    Participant

I have two SKB racks like this in my garage, except they are not shallow. For me the question is whether I can leave cables plugged in to the front of the mixer during transport? Is there enough clearance between QU-sb and the inside edge of the front lid? I will receive my QU-sb tomorrow and report back on what I find. If it doesn’t fit, I may resort to right-angle cables.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or set back the rails

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.