QU-SB routing select tracks to stereo DAW inputs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-SB routing select tracks to stereo DAW inputs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TheCommonLoon TheCommonLoon 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TheCommonLoon
    TheCommonLoon
    Participant

I’m relatively new to recording with my QU-SB. I use Logic Pro and have had a great experience so far tracking drums, guitars, bass, and vocals individually. Sometimes however my DAW gets too slow when recording too many tracks at once. What I’d like to do to save memory, is send my drum tracks (8 tracks) to a stereo bus of some sort in the QUSB. I have them sent to Group 1, but I’m not sure how to select that group as an input in Logic? Would sending them to a Matrix send be the proper way to do this or could I send them to say Tracks 17 & 18 and then pan hard left and right?

The goal is to record live with drums, bass, guitars, and vocals, but have the drums just be on two tracks (in stereo) going to Logic rather than having all 8 tracks go to Logic (which stops my computer when recording other tracks at the same time).

Thanks in advance for your advice. It’s probably simple, but I’m getting lost in the menus and the workflow. Love the QU-SB BTW.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Matrix are outputs, as are the Mixes. Any of them can be routed to the UBB.
    17 & 18 are inputs, so there’s no way I can think of of getting any set of other channels to them.

Profile photo of TheCommonLoon
    TheCommonLoon
    Participant

OK, thanks. I just played around with it some more and realized that the trick was in using the I/O Patch. I had my 8 drum tracks going to Group 1, then I patched Group 1 to go to USB Outputs 17 and 18. Then in Logic Pro I made two tracks to record QU-SB inputs 17 and 18, then I panned them hard L & R. That worked for what I was going for, thanks!

One more question for you Mark, why don’t the fader strips on the QU-Pad affect the level in the meter for each track? I seem to only see a difference if I use the Channel input Gain level.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.