Qu-SB questions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-SB questions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jay-T
    Jay-T
    Participant

Hi there,

thinking about getting the Qu-SB and have a few questions:

1) Is it ok to plug unbalanced signals into the line inputs (eg, acoustic guitar or a electric bass etc) without a DI.
    2) Can I make the outputs 1/2 and 3/4 stereo out mixes?
    3) Can I make the main L and R outs separate mono out mixes?
    4) Can I use this with a SQ6 in anyway?
    5) Will it work with a DX168

Thanks for your time!

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Hi Jay-T, I don’t know all the answers but here’s what I do know:

1. Yes you can, results depend on the quality of the signal coming in

2. I guess you could but it’s a lot of trouble. I appointed one of the mixes to the matrix out and use the headphone out PAFL’ing another mix so I can use 5 stereo aux mixes in total. The more convenient and obviously more expensive way is to start using one of the external stage boxes. That’ll give you 7 stereo mixes.

3. You could, but it would be more practical to use 2 mono auxes for this if you must

4. I don’t know

5. I *think* these are interchangable but not sure. Maybe one of the other members can correct me if needed.

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jay T,

1. An electric guitar or bass will be outputting a low level, unbalanced signal and the line inputs to the Qu are balanced, so a DI should be used in between for best results.
    2. Unfortunately, there is no mechanism inside the Qu-SB which can make the mono mixes into stereo. However, with the addition of a digital stage box, you can access the 4 stereo groups which can be configured into mixes.
    3. The LR bus is fixed as stereo but the mono auxes could be used, depending on the application.
    4. You can share audio between the Qu-SB and SQ-6, however, you cannot control each mixer from the other, so you would likely need an iPad set up with your Qu-SB for some controls.
    5. The Qu-SB is compatible with dSnake devices only, so although it will not work with a DX168, you could use up to two AB168’s which is the same form factor.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I am using this level of complexity with the Qu-SB. I will add this:

You can get a 4th stereo mix by feeding a group (configured as a “mix” not a group) into the matrix 1 output physically located on the Qu-sb itself (no stagebox required for this one additional stereo mix). My matrix 1 feeds a MIPro MI-909 IEM transmitter. But, using this method, you cannot control this 4th mix via phone app. You must rely on tablet app.

If you want go to ME boxes for additional in ear mixes, then be aware that as you use up groups to become additional mixes as described in the previous paragraph, you MIGHT reach a point where you wish you spent the extra money for an Me-1 rather than the Me-500. I could go into more detail as to why this is the case.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

It works for me on my Iphone Barry !

Giga

Barryjam
    Participant

Giga,
    You can view a matrix or the individual inputs in a group mix in QYou?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

With the Qu-PAC, so I assume SB too, groups that have been set as mixes can be controlled by my iPhone.

Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks, Giga and Mark. I stand corrected. Nice!

Profile photo of Jay-T
    Jay-T
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

We do this all the time on my QU PAC to get a 4th stereo mix. I set up a group to perform as a mix – as has been said – and then I assign that grp/mix to alt out. That way I get another stereo output from the mixer without using a snake and the musician utilizing that particular mix can use his phone for control.
    If I need more stereo mixes I do have to use my snake for the extra hardware.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.