Qu-Sb MTX1-2 Question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Sb MTX1-2 Question

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Okie
    Okie
    Participant

New Qu-Sb owner here so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.

I’m trying to use MTX1-2 as an output from the Main LR mix to feed my JBL powered studio monitors when I have my Cubase machine hooked to the Qu-Sb. I have turned on MTX1-2 on the Main LR matrix sends page but still no output on MTX1-2. I can hear music through the main LR through my PA but nothing out of MTX1-2 that is hooked to my powered studio monitors.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You may be thinking backwards on this.

Find Matrix 1/2 on a custom layer, select it for processing by touching the strip, then assign Mains L/R to the Matrix from the Matrix Input Menu.

That should do it.

Profile photo of Okie
    Okie
    Participant

Thanks! I found the MTX1-2 on the custom layer, I did not think of looking for it there as its not located in the input or anywhere else. I’ll give it a shot when I get connected to my Qu-sb at my studio space.

Dick Rees
    Participant

They had to put it somewhere… 😉

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

It’s under the “mixes” tab

Giga

Profile photo of Okie
    Okie
    Participant

Awesome, thanks guys!

Profile photo of A3aan
    A3aan
    Participant

@ Dick #65496: I’m the 👍 happy owner of a Qu-Pac (sorry I called it a ‘Qu-Pad’ in a previous post 🙄), using this great mixing console with my iPad (and I do have a spare Android tablet, in case my iPad does or fails me…) for my audio gigs (mainly bands). I never had the need for extra outputs (L+R & 10 mix/AUX is just great!) but now I need an extra stereo send for a delay stack, doing a gig involving 3 choirs (and several musicians) next Sunday. So I’m trying to find a solution, an extra output with delay option (and if possible: with separate EQ options) sounding exactly like my L+R mix.

Thanx to your reply I found out Matrix 1/2 and 3/4 (the “mixer inside the mixer”) offer the possibility to mix the OUTPUTS of L+R, mixes 1×10 and the groups >>> Matrix1/2 and/or Matrix 3/4. And thanx to your reply I found hou to route Matrix 1/2 and/or Matrix 3/4 to ALT OUT (or AES), located on the surface screen.

Question: are ALT OUT and AES the only available outputs for the matrix mixes? I can’t find how to change L/R output (nor Mix outs) to one of the Matrixes. No urgent need, I’m fine with the solution I found so far, but still curious… Please advise!

Dick Rees
    Participant

To increase the number of physical outputs you’ll need to add one of the stage boxes and d-snake capability.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Alt-Out and AES are the only configurable outputs on the surface.
    Qu outputs (on the surface) are ‘analogue esque’ and not patchable.
    For the ‘extra’ I/O or for patching capability (including double patching channels) you need a dSnake stagebox.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.