QU-SB Mono Out question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-SB Mono Out question

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pgrillone pgrillone 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pgrillone
    pgrillone
    Participant

I haven’t gigged with the QU-SB as of yet, being the tourist OFF season, So what a good time to learn a new mixer. I use a BOSE L1M2 as my PA system. So now that Ive got my mixer tuned in just how I like it, I wanted to ask if there is a way to send a MONO OUT signal to the BOSE?

I know I can Pan everything to L or R, but prefer not to do it that way, if I do it that way my QU-DRIVE recordings are also effected. I noticed the MONO OUT XLR on the back of the mixer which I assume are MIX outs.

So to simplify my request, I want a complete EQ, FX, and all channels to route through one connection.

Thanks in Advance for any help you can I’ve me.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

On your I/O routing tab, configure your Alt Out bus as L+R. Connect via either L or R Alt Out jack using a TRS>XLRm cable.

pgrillone
    Participant

Thank you, I will give that a try when I get home today, it’s kinda great having a place where people can share experience.
    Thanks Again!! Your solution makes total sense 🙂

pgrillone
    Participant

sorry, another stupid question, Im looking at the image of the back of the QU-SB, its doesnt have an ALT OUT like on the QU-PAC

pgrillone
    Participant

sorry, I just figured it out, you gave me the answer, I just didnt read it correctly

Dick Rees
    Participant

Sorry, I was thinking of Qu-16. L+R on the SB is only available via the dSnake out. For now just look for L+R output routing options.

Alternatively, use a mono Mix set to post-fader.

pgrillone
    Participant

right, setting the mono to POST would include all the EQ and FX

Dick Rees
    Participant

Setting the channels to -post just means that the Mix mix will follow the L/R mains bus. You still need to return the fx to the Mix as well as the L/R. The post-fader option simply means that your mono Mix mix will follow level changes on the mains bus. Any routing such as fx needs to be addressed per bus.

pgrillone
    Participant

Whewwww.. when i get this setup, I’m gonna save the scene everyplace! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.