Qu sb formatted pendrive doesn’t show up on os x

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu sb formatted pendrive doesn’t show up on os x

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mazi
    Mazi
    Participant

Hi!

My problem is the same like the name of this topic. I use mac osx (high sierra) and I can’t put files into the pendrive which formatted by the qu sb because my mac doesn’t sees that (only in disk utility but I can’t mount it). I tried to use it on a pc and there was ok, but I saw the file system of the qu sb formatted pendrive is FAT16. It is a big problem for me because I use a mac, i don’t have a pc.

Anybody have any ideas what can I do? I really love my AH stuffs (I have an SQ6 too) but this problem is makes me sad.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mazi,

This is due to the drive being too small for the FAT32 format, so you will need to use a larger drive (2GB+) to use it with both Qu-Drive and Mac OS.

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@alex A&H

Please elaborate. It would seem that small file total on FAT16 would fit on larger FAT32.
    I find references for FAT32 with maximum disk size but not minimum disk size.

Just what format do the Qus use? FAT16 FAT16B FAT32 NTFS exFAT FAT+ FATX NWS/TurboFAT something else?
    I hope its FAT32 as that has the widest compatibility with USB sticks and other computers.
    Also I found the Qu32 failed consistently on large usb memory using usb3.0 but we got it to work with and old usb2.0 8 gig stick.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

FAT32
    USB 3.0 is not guaranteed to work because the interface is still USB 2.0
    since there are many problems with USB 3.0 devices

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Volounteer,

You can find more information on this here: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/774

You are correct that the FAT32 format doesn’t specify a minimum size, so drives under 2GB are actually too small for Qu-Drive and not necessarily FAT32 in general.

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@AlexA&H

Thanks. I do not see any reference to usb2.0 or usb3.0
    That should be in the documentation.
    Especially if usb3.0 is why all our drives were failing until I tried an old one in desperation.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Thanks. I do not see any reference to usb2.0 or usb3.0
    That should be in the documentation.

read again
    it’s written there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.