QU-SB DRY Multichannel / WET Stereo (LR) Rec simultaneously

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-SB DRY Multichannel / WET Stereo (LR) Rec simultaneously

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Avraam Avraam 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Avraam
    Avraam
    Participant

Hi all,

I just bought a QU-SB (what a great digital mixer!!!).

My need is to simultaneously record the individual channels dry (dry multichannel recording) and the wet stereo final result (wet LR recording).

Is that possible?

I ask this questions as I’m reading in the manual that Insert Send/Direct Out setting is a global one (that means in case of multichannel recording CH01-18 which in our case CH17-CH18 is the stereo/LR rec).

Thanks for your help!

Avraam

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Hi
    Yes we can.
    The insert send/direct out setting is global for all mic/line channels only. your LR mix is still post all processing from every channels (fx returns etc..)

“(that means in case of multichannel recording CH01-18 which in our case CH17-CH18 is the stereo/LR rec)”

No. That means your 01-16 in qu-drive will be dry (because mic/line inputs 1-16 are patched) and 17-18 will be your LR as always post everything
    For example: if you decide to change and patch your ST1 in the qu-multitrack 17-18 ,in this case 17-18 will be dry
    I could explain much better but my english sucks..sorry for that

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You can assign any recording stream to various sources, including mixes, LR pre or post, FX returns etc. Check out chapter 11.18 “I/O Patch Setup – USB Audio” in The Manual.

Profile photo of Avraam
    Avraam
    Participant

I really thank you guys for your help!! I checked the patch matrix a bit closer and now I noticed the LR Pre vs LR (Post).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.