Qu-SB channels maxed out with nothing connected

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-SB channels maxed out with nothing connected

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Reviveband Reviveband 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Reviveband
    Reviveband
    Participant

Hi
    My Qu-SB has a problem that the seller that I bought it from can’t replicate but happens every time I turn it on. For over a year it worked fine but recently an error when all of the inputs show as maxed out when nothing is connected. I reset the desk but it doesn’t make a difference. If this doesn’t happen then the compressor is maxed out instead. Either way it doesn’t output anything but shows a maxed out signal on every channel. I have already given it to the seller under their 3 year warranty but they couldn’t find the issue-except a loose board which they repositioned. When I spoke to main A+H they couldn’t offer a solution except the operating temperature was looking too high. It is out of the A+H warranty-since February this year (because of the pandemic it wasn’t used since March, however).
    Can you offer any help or troubleshooting steps?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

The only circumstance I ‘ve ever experienced something remotely the same is/was when I engage phantom power (short burst on the led-bar) or when I cocked up and caused a loop in my delay/reverb (slowly creeping up in the led-bar but also in foh obviously).

* try a different power outlet
    * check via PAFL if there actually is such a loud signal
    * reinstall the Qu app
    * try a different tablet
    * try a different router/cat cable
    * what happens when you plug in a cable in the inputs ?
    * can you still operate the app ?

Good luck, maybe I’ll think of something else

Giga

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

can you do a screenshot…

Reviveband
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me guys. It’s such an intermittent problem that when I have turned it on to troubleshoot and take a screenshot it is working fine. 🤯
    I’ll run through your steps and come back to you when it isn’t working again. It will revert back to the issue again. It always does. 😕
    I’ve attached shots of what it does from when I first reported it to A+H.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SteffenR
    Participant

and how did it sound?

Reviveband
    Participant

No sound.

SteffenR
    Participant

does the desk transport sound at all?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“except the operating temperature was looking too high”

Does it really say 65476ºC or is there a decimal point in there that I can’t see?

That’s over 10 times hotter than the surface of the sun!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Does it really say 65476ºC or is there a decimal point in there that I can’t see?

That’s over 10 times hotter than the surface of the sun!

That’s going to take a big cooling fan!

I think that indicates a software glitch, in addition to the maxed out metering.

Check the temp reading when it boots up and is working properly.

Have you tried re installing the firmware?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

It’s 2^16 – 60.

So 1111 1111 1100 0011 as 16 bit binary.

If you invert that to 0000 0000 0011 1100 it becomes 60 of course, which seems much more like what I’d expect (though not got mine here to check).

Not much good for home fault finding I suspect, but may be a clue to what’s going on?

Reviveband
    Participant

Hi guys-me again. It’s still displaying the same as the screen shots as attached before-although the DAC temp is now ready 50degrees. I have tried everything that you have collectively suggested but to no avail. Are you all out of ideas now?? 😥

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@reviveband

Just what do you mean maxed out?????
    What is maxed out? In what units ?

Did the seller just say NPF or did he show it to you as working?

Clearly something is different with what you are doing than the seller when he shows it to you working okay.

You need to identify what you are doing differently or else what is different about the environment.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@reviveband

Cannot see your diagrams clearly.
    One seems to indicate that it might be too hot.
    What is the room temperature at your device?
    Is it in direct sunlight??

I would also open a trouble ticket and say the display is not telling the correct temperature AND the temperature UNITS.

Reviveband
    Participant

As shown on the images-not sure why you can’t see them clearly-every fader’s graphic display of its volume is at maximum-even though the sliders are at the level we had been working at. Alternatively the compressor kicks in and that is at maximum which keeps the volume down to 0.
    The temperature thing is a red herring as the last time it happened the DAC temp was 50degrees. It is not being used in direct sunlight and as a previous contributor said-there’s no way the DAC can get that hot in reality.
    I think it is just length of time to see the intermittent problem occur-me, as the owner-not the seller, I use it for a lot longer than a test in the seller’s store.
    Thanks for your help guys. Do please keep making suggestions but the unit is back with the seller who is now in conversation with A+H to get a solution, after I have created a ticket with them directly. However, it took them over a week to send the automated email that they have received my request for the ticket and not heard anything else since -and that was over two weeks ago!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.