Qu-sb..5 stereo mixes + main out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-sb..5 stereo mixes + main out

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stein
    stein
    Participant

I’ve searched the intire forum for a solution for this. Seems like it can’t be done. Or can it???

I use the 3 stereo out + group 1/2 assigned to MTX1/2.
    But I really need that last stereo mix, unless I can persuade the bass player to use mono for his in-ear. 😆

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

If you got a stage box or expander, the cheapest being AR84, you can turn another group(s) into a 5th or even 6th mix and route matrix 2 and/or 3 through the outputs of the stage box.

Or…

You could turn the mono auxs into pseudo-stereo by having aux1 be L and aux2 be R. Then use vol faders to create a stereo spread. But your player wouldn’t have smartphone control over both at the same time.

Or…

you could use main LR for the 5th stereo IEM and use 1-2 mono auxs as your main out. That would be a difficult FOH mixing task!

Having gone through this, the SQ is way better in this application, and the SQ5 has the 12 outputs you are needing. I do like the footprint of the Qu-SB, and I have kept mine (for the present) as a backup in case my SQ5 has a fatal error on a gig.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.