QU-routing Alt-out to AR2412 output socket

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-routing Alt-out to AR2412 output socket

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of drmoon
    drmoon
    Participant

Is it possible to route the QU-16 Alt out connections to the AR2412 dSNAKE outputs?
    Purpose: connect the FOH active subs to de AR2412 and control the settings of the subs.
    Thanks en best regards, Luc

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi drmoon,

The outputs on the AR2412 and the Alt out on the Qu-16 itself are ‘destination points’ for patching mixes to, so no, it’s not possible to route one to the other.
    Also, the Alt Out level control only affects the local output on the Qu (rather than being a digital control for remote outputs).

To send to remote sockets (eg. feeding subs) and have control at the Qu, you can use one of the aux/mix outputs

Hope this helps explain it.

Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of drmoon
    drmoon
    Participant

Keith,thanks for the quick and adequate response.
    I have mix7/8 unused and will use them for the sub’s.
    Now I can assign which input channels and level are passed to the subs. In addition, I can tweak delay, compression and EQ.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Remember that the acoustic cross-over point between the subs and tops will vary in accordance with any change in level sent to the subs relative to the level sent to the tops. This can greatly effect EQ and other parameters in that critical area.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.