Qu recording time limit

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu recording time limit

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of waterden
    waterden
    Participant

I am thinking of buying a qu16 for live mixing and 16 channel / track recording. However after reading the manual it appears that at 144kb/sec/channel the 4Gb song / folder limitation will permit a maximum record time of only about 28 minutes. Can new song recordings be commenced on the fly or does the assignment process have to be repeated first? Clearly 28 minutes recording time is inadequate for a live gig and I am not interested in recording in stereo.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

4Gb per track, not for all 18 together.

I record gigs in two halves (because we tend to have two sets of about an hour, with “something else” inbetween.

You can’t do seamless new files – which is a bit of an omission in my book…

Assignment is maintained, but the system needs to stop, then re-arm.

waterden
    Participant

Great, thanks for the clarification. The manual says (for multi-track recording)

Data rate = 144 KB/sec per track (max 4GB total)

I had assumed that “total” 4Gb meant for all tracks, not just per track, because the 4 hour maximum given for stereo (2 track) recording using the same data rate implies a reduction to 28 minutes if recording 8 times as many tracks, which is in line with the calculation using the formula given above for multi-track. Ambiguous I think.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ve certainly got a whole pile of 530MB files from the last gig…

waterden
    Participant

Are these 16 track recordings? Please correct me if I’m wrong but by my calculation this would give a 16 track recording of around 61 minutes duration, with a maximum recording time of almost 8 hours with the 4Gb limit. That’s absolutely enough!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That’s pretty much what I’ve calculated too.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

QuDrive does 18 tracks iirc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.