Qu playback bug produces F***ING LOUD NOISE AGAIN!!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu playback bug produces F***ING LOUD NOISE AGAIN!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

https://www.vidup.de/v/cSRtW/

This bug happened to me last weekend during soundcheck. You can see that the playback seems to work but it actually stops working after the first finger tap.

During sound check this weekend this bug produced a F***ING NASTY FULL LOUDNESS NOISE out of all outputs! Unfortunately (or rather fortunately) I couldn’t reproduce it at home. But it happend two times this weekend. Everybody was shocked! I hope it didn’t damage my PA! It is pure luck that nobody seemed to carry hear damanges from it.

I’m losing my confidence in this mixer, or at least in this part of it. This is the third major bug I’ve had to deal with when using the playback part of the firmware. The first one almost killed my ears (https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/warning-to-pro-tools-qu-drive-users), the second one made me look like an idiot restarting his mixer (https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/qu-multi-track-freeze), this one almost killed everything. I spent the rest of the soundcheck with one finger prepared to press the mute-all-group all the time. This kind of bugs make this unit not reliable enough for professional work. For me the only reason for buying this mixer was the Qu-drive thing. And that’s the worst part of it having really nasty bugs.

It’s not easy for me to find any polite words after the trouble this part of your mixer has caused me.

I’m not placing any ticket for this. The last time I did, it took me like ten e-mails and like ten hours figuring out everything for you, writing down every step needed to reproduce the bug, even bought a new external drive (I stil don’t need for anything else) just to convince your support, made videos… just to read at the end that I’d have to send the Qu for servicing. Then I posted here (https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/qu-multi-track-freeze) and three hours later somehow one of you could reproduce it. I didn’t want to post anything about the fight it took me to get that bug report through your support because I wanted to be polite. Enough of that.

PLEASE SORT OUT YOUR SOFTWARE!

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Maybe it isn’t a software issue. It could be hardware. Something as simple as a bad transistor. If I were you I would send it in.

@jltinoco (GuitarHero)

I’m really sorry to hear about the problem you experienced over the weekend and I can understand the anger and frustration this has caused you.

You have been in touch with us a number of times previously so I have your details on file and will create a support ticket on your behalf (you don’t need to do anything, we’ll email you) so we can log this issue, investigate whether the noise you experienced is related to the symptoms shown in your video and try to find a solution for you.

Apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused you to date.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Please accept also my apologies for my rudeness. At least the f-word was uncalled for. I’m sorry. I’m sure you don’t want this bugs either. I can’t tell who is to be blamed for this, but that wouldn’t help me either.

Maybe more thorough testing of the firmware would help, but I can’t even tell if that’s possible at all. Other parts (I would say most of the rest) of the firmware works very well. But this kind of things are really show stoppers no matter how good the rest is.

I’ll send you the information requested in your ticket.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Just for the record: I could reproduce the very loud noise. I happens when you tap on the progress bar of the multi-track screen during the “loading project…” phase when a recording has ended and the next one is being loaded.

From my point of view it’s not a hardware issue.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This seems to be fixed in 1.6. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.